Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hole in quad sprayer tank

• 27-09-2011 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi all,
    im a boards.ie virgin, this is my first thread, please be gentle with me.
    just wondering if anyone has any info on fixing a hole thats developed at the bottom of my 60l sprayer tank. it has developed where the hook at the end of a strap holder was rubbing against it. Have had some plastic welding done before on various things with variable success. Is there some product that will block up the hole without reacting to the different chemicals that will be in the sprayer? Hole is very small. Any ideas gratefully received

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

hi all,
    just wondering if anyone has any info on fixing a hole thats developed at the bottom of my 60l sprayer tank. it has developed where the hook at the end of a strap holder was rubbing against it. Have had some plastic welding done before on various things with variable success. Is there some product that will block up the hole without reacting to the different chemicals that will be in the sprayer? Hole is very small. Any ideas gratefully received

silicone? or if the hole is big silicone and a piece of flexible plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Had the exact same problem with a tank years ago. You need a fibreglass repair kit for it. They are relatively cheap in most motor stores/motor factors. Halfords also have them if you are near one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kielmost

hi all,

Buy a tube of trans 7 sealant at your local hardware store, it costs around 15euro and will seal the hole no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

kielmost wrote: »
    Buy a tube of trans 7 sealant at your local hardware store, it costs around 15euro and will seal the hole no problem.
    It's mighty tack first thing that came into my head when I saw the heading of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ijooc

If it's a small hole, a bolt and a rubber washer should do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kazz11

I'm interested in Plastic Welding, does anyone know of courses that are run in Ireland to that effect?

Advertisement