Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park Returns

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Excellent episode.

Some epic quotes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I thought that was South Park back to its craziest best. Totally wacky multi-layered storyline, aliens at Thanksgiving, then the pilgrims and indians were aliens, Natalie Portman's wormhole, Thankgiving was haunted...lol, just really silly humour old school style South Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This is the type of south park episode I love. Whacky, off the wall with very few pop culture references (or at least not centred on them) but it just didn't have me in convulsions. I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I haven't watched the latest episode but while recent SPs have been an improvement, I really don't think they've been anywhere near as good as seasons 3-8. The spiderman and occupy wall street episodes got a few chuckles at most. The crazy, off the wall humour just isn't all that funny right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

FOR STUFFING!!!!

History channel was a very entertaining episode, not as funny as the last few but still well worth the watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

"A History Channel Thanksgiving" was fairly good, the episode seemed like one that would not feel out of place in one of the earlier seasons of the show. Some funny moments (like taking the p*ss out of History Channel documentaries). For some reason though the concept of aliens having landed on earth in historic times reminded me of The Event and the hours I wasted watching it.

The latter half of this season definitely seems stronger than the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

A THOR parody? Wasn't expecting that. That was actually a really great episode. Someone needed to rip that horrible movie a new one. They got it perfectly right down to the pompous, psuedo-Shakespearean vernacular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Good take on the History Channel

'The only channel fully dedicated to History...

Next up Monster Quest and then Hairy Bikers'

Sums up the channel perfectly :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I definitely picked the right time to start following college football :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

LOL at the very end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

ha ha, major major lol at the end!

Thought the season finale was pretty good. Like other episodes this season, it seemed stronger in its second half (the same could be said of the season in general), the agnostic gag was funny, shows that even that belief is not safe from the South Park treatment. Nice to see the Mysterion plot return as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/south-park-to-be-renewed-until-2016/252956
    South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker will keep their cult cartoon series on the air for another three years.

Stone and Parker have agreed to produce three more series of the show, according to its official site, after finalising a new deal with the US cable network Comedy Central.

The writing pair were only contracted to write and direct South Park until 2013, but will now continue to produce new episode until 2016, which will take it into its 20th season.

Stone and Parker said in a statement:
    Comedy Central has been our home for 15 years and we love working there. 'South Park' is a blast and we can't wait to make more.
    The network's president Michele Ganeless, meanwhile, added: "The collective genius of Matt and Trey knows no bounds. Week after week and season after season they continue to surprise and delight South Park fans, and that includes all of us here at Comedy Central.

"We're thrilled that the adventures of Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman will continue through 2016."

The final episode of the 15th series of South Park will air tonight in the US. Previous celebrities to have been lampooned by the cartoon include Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise and Isaac Hayes.

Could be good or bad news considering this season's run, really. Still, they pulled off season 6 after season 2 so I remain hopeful. ;)

Good to hear. I'm sure they've got the potential to keep things going, if there was some doubt over the show's life towards the middle of this season it certainly bounced back in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Season 16 starts this Wednesday (14/3) in Americaland.

Looks like it won't reach this side of the Atlantic until the week after (23/3). That won't be doing them any favours against piracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ridley wrote: »
    Season 16 starts this Wednesday (14/3) in Americaland.

Looks like it won't reach this side of the Atlantic until the week after (23/3). That won't be doing them any favours against piracy.

Any idea of what channel? Date? Time etc?

Sorry im on my own on this one but not a fan of downloading or watching stuff on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Any idea of what channel? Date? Time etc?

Sorry im on my own on this one but not a fan of downloading or watching stuff on the net.

Friday the 23rd on Comedy central;

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/news/south-park-season-16-episode-1-reverse-cowgirl/

Advertisement