Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of parking

• 27-09-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Had to go to Ardkeen yesterday so decided to do some shopping in the centre. Never again, there for just over 2 hours and cost me €6.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

I thought it was free around there, I never paid anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

its only the hospital that charges isnt it?
    Ardkeen Stores and Tesco Carpark are free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

As far as im aware the first 2 hours are free out there... (If its ardkeen stores were talking about?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

femur61 wrote: »
    Had to go to Ardkeen yesterday so decided to do some shopping in the centre. Never again, there for just over 2 hours and cost me €6.

Had to go into city square with family on Saturday, 8 euro for 3 hours 10 minutes..never again. Well not until next week anyway when im told im going ;)

I think the lads are right, first 2 hours might be free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The are a lot of dilapidated buildings owned by developers. Surely a temporary solution would be to level the buildings (which must happen anyway), and cover them with tarmac?

• Advertisement

Had to go into city square with family on Saturday, 8 euro for 3 hours 10 minutes..never again. Well not until next week anyway when im told im going ;)

Yeah, now that I read the OP's post again, I think they mean they live outside Waterford and took the oppertunity to go shopping in town as they had to go to the hospital in Ardkeen.

Yep, over 3 hrs in the quay would be the bones of €6.

OP where are you from?

In another thread there was a person from Laois saying they never shop in a town that charges for parking. I didnt think there was a town in Ireland that didnt charge for parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

the eurozone parking lot down in railway square is only 3.20 a day. right opposite the city hackney taxi office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Yeah, now that I read the OP's post again, I think they mean they live outside Waterford and took the oppertunity to go shopping in town as they had to go to the hospital in Ardkeen.

Yep, over 3 hrs in the quay would be the bones of €6.

OP where are you from?

In another thread there was a person from Laois saying they never shop in a town that charges for parking. I didnt think there was a town in Ireland that didnt charge for parking.
    Midleton has free parking in the entire town. city square is a kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Midleton has free parking in the entire town. city square is a kip

why dont u do us a favour and stay up there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Dundrum shopping centre is €2 for three hours, with the obvious convenience of security and shelter, and having all of your shops in the one location.

If you are trying to attract people from up to 30 mins outside the city, little things like this can sway them. With the new motorway it's easier than ever to choose Dublin. The City Council need to cop themselves on and stop chasing people away.

• Advertisement

It always happens when you visit a city for the first time, you either pay a mint for parking and discover a cheaper option half way through the day or get clamped!

Advertisement