Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil

Options
  • 27-09-2011 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I probably sound like a cheapo but I was wondering if
    there is anywhere around Letterkenny that would deliver €130-150 heating oil?Might be moving soon so don't wanna fill the tank since the LL left it bone dry for us

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

We're in the same position, need oil for winter but might be moving again so don't want it filled =/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

surely its all profit to these guys

why wouldn't they do this? Have you tried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Riskymove wrote: »
    surely its all profit to these guys

why wouldn't they do this? Have you tried?

Yep looked on a few websites and the few I tried had minimum €250+( about 300L I think) way too much for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Tinney's do a min delivery off 100 ltr's I thought that was the standard?

Tinney's do a min delivery off 100 ltr's I thought that was the standard?

Ah that's great :) I looked on the Top website and it said 300L minimum and another site said €250

• Advertisement

Sorry for double post but Tinneys just got back to me, minimum is €150 = 150L, the other price quoted was €420 for 500L for you big spenders :p
    Cheers Homer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Check out A&N Fuels in Buncrana. They deliver to Letterkenny and used to put in however much you wanted to spend rather than a set amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

I think there's a few places you can fill a drum with kerosene and pour it in yourself. Ben Sweeneys is one. As much/little as you need, just like petrol pumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I think there's a few places you can fill a drum with kerosene and pour it in yourself. Ben Sweeneys is one. As much/little as you need, just like petrol pumps.

Ever put one of them in? It's a nightmare, last time almost went Tibetan Monk style in my front room afterwards!

Forgot about this, got a leaflet the other day, the company do small orders from €100 and the leaflet is a voucher for 10% off too!! But can't remember the name, will get it an post here on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

IPAM wrote: »
    Forgot about this, got a leaflet the other day, the company do small orders from €100 and the leaflet is a voucher for 10% off too!! But can't remember the name, will get it an post here on Friday
    Got that too. Its Gallagher fuels and the phone number is 074-9142805. Presenting the leaflet to the driver is supposed to get €10 off every order valued at €100 or more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »
    Got that too. Its Gallagher fuels and the phone number is 074-9142805. Presenting the leaflet to the driver is supposed to get €10 off every order valued at €100 or more

Banned for posting phone numb.......wait damit its a landline......

So so close :pac:

muffler wrote: »

That's the one, cheers muffler!

Banned for posting phone numb.......wait damit its a landline......

So so close :pac:
    Phew! . smoking-smiley-5437.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Flibbles wrote: »
    Ever put one of them in? It's a nightmare, last time almost went Tibetan Monk style in my front room afterwards!

The secret is don't put more than 20L in the drum.

63p a litre from dolans on lifford bridge if anyone is interested, works out about 71c per litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Flibbles wrote: »

...Especially if your tank is raised. I got an old 10gallon drum and cut the base of it out (effectively making a huge funnel thingy) unscrewed the cap and stuck it into the tank and got someone to hold it while i poured the oil in. No mess and no tibetan monk incidents!

CJC999 wrote: »
    ...Especially if your tank is raised. I got an old 10gallon drum and cut the base of it out (effectively making a huge funnel thingy) unscrewed the cap and stuck it into the tank and got someone to hold it while i poured the oil in. No mess and no tibetan monk incidents!
    Or if anyone is brave enough a 5ft - 6ft length of hose pipe or similar can be used to syphon the oil from the drum to the tank.

Alternatively you can get portable hand held pumps something like these. Not sure where they can be bought locally but Id imagine hardware stores and places like Watson Hire would have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I had the same problem with oil going everywhere when ever i tried to fill them into the oil tank, even when i don't fill the containers up the whole way. But iv'e made made a small gadget onto one of the lids now using a plumbing tank fitting and a bit of pipe with a valve on, a lot less mess now!
    A neighbor of mine has the little pump gadget which seems to work well as well.

Advertisement