Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission for Water Well?

Options
  • 27-09-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi I have a question here with regards to planning permission and water wells.

If you have a site that does not have planning permission on it but have a mobile home on it, am I allowed to drill a water well (for residential use)on it or can this only be done after planning has been given by the local authority?

thanks in advance

s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,005 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You will need planning permission for the mobile home and when making the application you will have to show the source of the water supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭shaunsweb

Planning permission for a mobile home? I thought that fell under the auspices of a temporary structure and as such did not require planning permission

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

shaunsweb wrote: »
    Planning permission for a mobile home? I thought that fell under the auspices of a temporary structure and as such did not require planning permission
    not so, that might be the case if its left in a drive for a week or two but not in a green field

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

shaunsweb wrote: »
    You can store a mobile home within the curtilage of a dwelling housd for a period of up to 9 months, once it is not connected to services and isn't used for living accommodation. Anything outside of this needs planning permission.

Regarding the well, the sinking of a well, drilling of a borehole, erection of a pump, or construction of a pumphouse, for the purpose of providing a domestic water supply, does not need planning permission. The question in your case is, could your well be considered to be providing a domestic water supply if there is no Living accommodation on the land?

Advertisement