Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think pup might be sick

• 27-09-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help. On Sunday when we were walking our pup he came across a flattened dead bit of bird, thrush or something small. Couldn't get to him before he ate and swallowed it. He was fine yesterday eating all food as normal. But today he's lying on the couch beside me quite listless and he seems to be shivering a bit. Could that be a temperature? He's definitely not himself. So should I wait it out until tomorrow to bring to the vet and see if the temp passes or go to the vet asap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Vet ASAP, especially with puppies, when they are sick they can go down hill very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah I'd take him to the vet tbh - especially since he's listless. Hope he's ok :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

i would be bringing him straight to the vets just in case. also while there get ur vet to worm him as id say dead birds would be full of worms

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Well I'm back from the vets, yep he had a temp of 40.5 and a sore tummy on palpitation, so yep the bird did it I think! Anyway antiflammatory injection and antibiotic injection with 5 days of antibiotics. He got a mad squiffy go to the loo when he came home and then ate and drank something for me and seems in a bit better form. If not improved in 24 hrs back to vet for bloods etc. But I think he'll be ok, once he ate for me and drank for me I think he's feeling a bit better. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

He sounds like my dog - as soon as I fork out my hard earned cash he seems to get better lol!! At least he's on the mend anyways poor baba :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

I caught my dog with the remains of a rabbit yesterday whilst walking in the park - puppies will eat anything!! Glad to hear your pup is getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Well I'll tell you its been a record recovery since he got the antibiotics! He's leaping around his as normal driving us all mad! Its mad what they will eat. Hope he's learned his lesson, but I doubt it! Thanks for all the kind thoughts.:D

Advertisement