Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council meeting for Dana?

Options
  • 27-09-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭

Why is the council meeting to discuss supporting Dana. I didnt realise we were so backward in Cavan. I would have hoped we could support Norris but this is just the opposite. Are the councillors just reflecting the people in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Why is the council meeting to discuss supporting Dana. I didnt realise we were so backward in Cavan. I would have hoped we could support Norris but this is just the opposite. Are the councillors just reflecting the people in the area?

Did they back her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Did they back her?
    She had enough votes before Cavan council voted. She met them and thanked them and told them not to vote
    However having received five nominations by the time she arrived in Cavan, the former MEP did not seek the support of Cavan County Council.

Speaking to Northern Sound Dana said she addressed the council as a mark of respect for the councillors. http://www.northernsound.ie/news-details.php?nid=7951&action=newsdetails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

And didnt they even refuse to discuss nominating Sean Gallagher?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

I dont think that supporting Dana instead of Norris is backward.

I don't see either of them doing a good job to be honest.

Sean Gallagher is the sensible one with his head screwed on and in touch with the peoples needs and also holds respect for peoples beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

I dont think that supporting Dana instead of Norris is backward.

I don't see either of them doing a good job to be honest.

Sean Gallagher is the sensible one with his head screwed on and in touch with the peoples needs and also holds respect for peoples beliefs.

While I would love to see Sean Gallagher in, at least Norris has a great record in human rights and equality. He also worked hard on the NAMA / IMF Leglislation last year, and along with 5 other senators worked through the night the night prior to it being brought in. He didnt want it in, but instead of just pontificating continuously he got some of the worst elements modified.

Dana would just reinforce a view of Ireland being a stagnant conservative backwater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

I'm sure Dana is a very nice person. But that's no reason to be employed in a job. I wish her the best but hope she doesn't get elected.

I know that Norris has done those things but even if you have certain views etc. You need the personality and attitude to get results and to have others listen. I really dont think that he's taken seriously. And in order to get people to listen to you and to get things done, you have to be taken seriously.

Still think Sean Gallagher is the best person for the job. (A very costly run job none the less)

Advertisement