Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress Alterations in Ennis

• 27-09-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi, Anyone recommend where I could get a dress altered in Ennis?
    Lots of detail in the neckline, so will require some skill.

Thanks, C.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

If you're having a special garment altered I'd highly recommend Andre in O'Connell Street (next to Neylons). He is a master tailor but he does alterations too. He is absolutely brilliant.

I believe there is a lady over near Tesco who does alterations too.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Thanks for reply, will try Andre i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

+1 for Andre!
    I bought my wedding dress off the peg and luckily only needed minor alterations, but because of the detailing and unusual fabric, I was afraid to let anyone near it (I've dealt with a lot of luxury dresses through work and have seen some awful hachet jobs over the years!)After seeing his work, I called into him to have a look at it, with the smallest little nips and tucks, I got a dress that looked like it was made just for me!!!
    What convinced me to try him was seeing how he transformed a dress that was supposed to be full-length but was a little too short, by using the lining and doing a really subtle adjustment to the waistband-amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

CarrieAnne wrote: »
    Hi, Anyone recommend where I could get a dress altered in Ennis?
    Lots of detail in the neckline, so will require some skill.

Thanks, C.
    if you are prepared to pay through the nose you will find any amount of these professionals. There is a french guy in OConnell St he can work miracles. 'Ask in Neylons Lady's fashions they will direct you to him

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

I think there are LOADS of people that do alterations and are only chancing their arm.... and don't do a good job.

I could do that myself. I would do hems and take ups myself by hand.
    I am willing to Pay (Hopefully not too much!!) to get it done right.

Thanks for all the replies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement