Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Interesting" book suggesting

Options
  • 27-09-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

A loose term I know, but just wondering if anyone has a suggestion that'll help me!

Dad loves "interesting" things that are told in a "fun way". Think Bill Bryson history of everything, or in tv terms Oz and James' Big Wine adventure, or Griff Rhys Jones, Dara O'Brien in Three Men in a Boat etc.

Anyone any suggestions of a story or informative book along those lines? I need something for him by tonight!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Michael Palin had a good one h emight like. I can't remember the name of the title but it had to do with him visiting locations where Ernest Hemingway used to live. Some great pictures and amusing stories.

Advertisement