Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

API things

Options
  • 27-09-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭

So I was thinking that I wouldn't mind starting to develop my own little queries on the API. Just ones to download my opponents team data etc.

Is it hard? I have a fair amount of experience with c/c++ and VBA so am no stranger to coding.

Anybody want to point me at a "How-to"?! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I wouldn't say its hard, especially since you have coding experiences/ only looking to download opponents data...

I know my biggest problems have come in the XML conversions and various small things like that.

In regards to How Tos? the API documentation is the best place to start, and if you have any problems the developers lounge can also be used for questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

How goes the API work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Fewcifur wrote: »
    How goes the API work?

Sh!te.

Between part time masters and work I just haven't had a chance to look at it. I have drifting desperately close to one click status.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Sh!te.

Between part time masters and work I just haven't had a chance to look at it. I have drifting desperately close to one click status.

What does one need to do work with the API? What language we speaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

all the basics are there in the docs to get started, everything comes back in xml

• Advertisement

cclampett wrote: »
    all the basics are there in the docs to get started, everything comes back in xml

Excellent. Time to upgrade the tactics.

Advertisement