Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract cancelled....but not cancelled.

Options
  • 27-09-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

An Eircom salesman called to my house a few weeks ago. He explained the packages they were offering..they sounded good. I showed him what package I was on at the moment (with Vodafone) and he said that Eircom do the same package for less money and I would get a faster broadband speed.
    I signed on the dotted line to change over. (This was on a Friday afternoon).

That evening, I looked at more detail at what I was signed up for and discovered that my broadband speed would be 1MB with Eircom instead of the 3MB I am currently on with Vodafone. I decided to cancel.

On the back of the form the salesman gave me, it said that you have up to seven days to cancel if you change your mind and that if you change your mind, ring this number.

I rang the number on the Monday (next business day),talked to someone in Eircom, asked to cancel it and after tapping around a bit and checking my details, she said "Ok Mr. boatbuilder, I can confirm that your order has been cancelled now and that you will not be coming back to Eircom."
    "Do I have to do anything else?"
    "No, I've cancelled that there for you now. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    "No, thanks"
    "Bye"
    "bye"

Imagine my surprise when I get an Eircom bill in the post yesterday and a router in the post today from Eircom! I phoned them up and they said "Oh, we don't have a record of your phonecall, you are now in contract with us and theres nothing you can do about it"

What do I do? I have proof that I made a phonecall on the day, as it comes up in the itemised list, but Eircom would not do anything about it.

What do I do now? Comreg?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

An Eircom salesman called to my house a few weeks ago. He explained the packages they were offering..they sounded good. I showed him what package I was on at the moment (with Vodafone) and he said that Eircom do the same package for less money and I would get a faster broadband speed.
    I signed on the dotted line to change over. (This was on a Friday afternoon).

That evening, I looked at more detail at what I was signed up for and discovered that my broadband speed would be 1MB with Eircom instead of the 3MB I am currently on with Vodafone. I decided to cancel.

On the back of the form the salesman gave me, it said that you have up to seven days to cancel if you change your mind and that if you change your mind, ring this number.

I rang the number on the Monday (next business day),talked to someone in Eircom, asked to cancel it and after tapping around a bit and checking my details, she said "Ok Mr. boatbuilder, I can confirm that your order has been cancelled now and that you will not be coming back to Eircom."
    "Do I have to do anything else?"
    "No, I've cancelled that there for you now. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    "No, thanks"
    "Bye"
    "bye"

Imagine my surprise when I get an Eircom bill in the post yesterday and a router in the post today from Eircom! I phoned them up and they said "Oh, we don't have a record of your phonecall, you are now in contract with us and theres nothing you can do about it"

What do I do? I have proof that I made a phonecall on the day, as it comes up in the itemised list, but Eircom would not do anything about it.

What do I do now? Comreg?

Hi boatbuilder
    Written notice is normally required to cancel an account, but can you can up PM me your tel no and I will investigate this issue for you.
    Tony

Advertisement