Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic / Wireless SABBs

Options
  • 27-09-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I have been told by an installer that the wireless external bells on visonic have given him trouble on a few occasions and he is getting sick of going back.
    have any of you guys heard anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Not much time given but installed my Visionic powermax+ with wireless siren.. No problems yet.. but as said only 3 weeks!

Can the battery pack in these be recharged? Or do you just replace them? Do they last long?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

I don't know as I am only thinking of using them myself.
    I rang Condor and they don't even know about the batteries themselves as they say that they haven't had to sell any yet.
    mabye someone else knows here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have had no problems with Visonic SABB batteries.
    Visonic say 2 to 3 years. You can't recharge them but you can add a second battery to double the life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Always wire a hard wired bell if you can. Never need to worry about the battery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats not an option with the Visonic bell that comes in the Powermax Complete kit.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats not an option with the Visonic bell that comes in the Powermax Complete kit.

Oops :)

Koolkid do you know how much the batteries cost for the visonic wireless bell?
    they dont even know that in Condor and they sell the kits

they dont even know that in Condor and they sell the kits

Im sure the lads would find out for you. Surely they didn't just say "we don't know" and hang up?

supposed to get back to me but havent yet

€10-€15

• Advertisement

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

supposed to get back to me but havent yet

Hi John,
    I've pm'd you my mobile number and I'll happily deal with any such queries going forward. Sincere apologies if we caused any inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have been told by an installer that the wireless external bells on visonic have given him trouble on a few occasions and he is getting sick of going back.
    have any of you guys heard anything about this?

In the last 6 years I had to return 2 to Visonic. Never had any other issues.
    The main problem is not testing the strength where the bell is placed. A foot can give you a different signal.

You can also get the kit with no bell and use an expander to wire a wired bell on to the complete system.

ok thanks sounds like they are ok so.

so you cant do a wired bell on the panel without an expander?
    how much does it cost for an expander?

I have had no problems with Visonic SABB batteries.
    Visonic say 2 to 3 years. You can't recharge them but you can add a second battery to double the life.

Another option is to get the wire free bell that you can connect a transformer too, same wire free bell but the connectors are there to allow this. Use a power supply to this rather than the transformer as no mains no outside bell.

so you cant do a wired bell on the panel without an expander?
    how much does it cost for an expander?

€10- €15 Condor would be the cheapest on anything to do with visonic ;)

And you have to buy the seperate wireless bell to get the powered option. It means buying the kit minus the SABB + Seperate wireless SABB , dearer too, clever or what?
    I would just add the second battery. 5 years is acceptable.

The second battery or the wired sabb used with an expander would be a cheaper option than the mains powered bell. 5 years plus from what I have being told. The battery life Visonic say is taking into account the external bell activating once per week for 4 minutes.

• Advertisement

great info

great info

Your welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Wired bell for me all the time.
    1. My own bell is better looking plus the visonic bells look like the cheap ventcroft ones
    2. No climbing ladders on your pmv
    3. One less spare battery to carry

Advertisement