Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Ticket

Options
  • 27-09-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello All, I just got a parking ticket for parking on the Dyke road by the bend before the new bridge. There is a spot for 2-3 cars off the road with no signs stating no Parking. The car was not blocking the foot path or road and there are big rocks in front of the car so its not a access road. I always follow the rules when it comes to parking and have not had a ticket in 12 years. This seems a bit much, I didn't think that a traffice warden would go that far up the Dyke. I'm pretty sure I'm in the right - but am interested in other opinions before I go to City Council to complain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

If there were no signs and no yellow lines you may have a case. Hope he doesn't come down that way on Friday night when galway United are playing or he would need to carry 50-100 clamps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

What exactly did the warden write or circle on the ticket?

Unless part of your car was parked on the footpath, you should appeal the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Pay it - pay it - The corpo needs the revenue. How else are they gonna pay for the roundabouts which replaced a load of traffic lights years ago to be dug up and replaced by er....traffic lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

You were probably parked in a gateway/opening etc. Check what exactly is on the ticket.

Basic rules of the road would apply here, rocks would be placed there instead of a gate to stop certain types moving in their homes on wheels, this does not mean that it is not still a point of access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 christg

The picture above with the truck in it - is where I got the ticket. Mind you my car fit in nicely without being on the footpath. The ticket just states "Parking a vehicle in a manner prohibited". I've gone and appealed it, and the lady at customer service is guessing that I'm blocking access - mind you if they wanted into the field for some reason they could have picked any rock to move and got in.

Its more of the point that there should be parking at the bottom of the bridge so that people going over to the University wouldn't have to drive over the bridge - but could walk over. My only choice is to pay at the dyke car park for the day (and then have a long walk) - or drive around and over the bridge and park at the school (where I have a parking pass) which is just adding to the misery that is our traffic in this town.

PS. how does one attach a photo that is on there own machine (no url)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When you create a post, scroll down from the text field and look for the section
    Attach Files

Or, upload pic to www.img.ie then link to it from your post using this icon insertimage.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

That's basically blocking an access route. The rocks have probably been put up in the way to stop Dale Farm types from illegally getting in there, I guess, but if the landowner or council theoretically required access on a given day and couldn't get in because people park in the way, then the ticket is probably valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

I wonder if the OP had parked a little further up the Dyke Rd., closer to the Black box theatre, on the main carriage-way, would they have been penalised?

Although they would be causing an inconvenience for other road users, I don't think it would be illegal as there are no yellow line road markings to prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

its an access route to a field and it is used as a turnaround if anyone goes up who cant get under the bridge. On a bad day you could have caused quite a problem if a truck had gone up without seeing the low bridge signs. With a few cars behind them and that area blocked it would be a long way to reverse down to the black box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

christg wrote: »
    The picture above with the truck in it - is where I got the ticket. Mind you my car fit in nicely without being on the footpath. The ticket just states "Parking a vehicle in a manner prohibited". I've gone and appealed it, and the lady at customer service is guessing that I'm blocking access - mind you if they wanted into the field for some reason they could have picked any rock to move and got in.

Its more of the point that there should be parking at the bottom of the bridge so that people going over to the University wouldn't have to drive over the bridge - but could walk over. My only choice is to pay at the dyke car park for the day (and then have a long walk) - or drive around and over the bridge and park at the school (where I have a parking pass) which is just adding to the misery that is our traffic in this town.

PS. how does one attach a photo that is on there own machine (no url)

I think saying they could move a rock for access is a bit much. They would have to get a large machine out to do it. Seen loads of people get done there so I doubt your appeal will be successful.

A park & walk facility would be a good idea on this side of the bridge for the university. Although dyke road probably isn't suitable for more traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

A park & walk facility would be a good idea on this side of the bridge for the university. Although dyke road probably isn't suitable for more traffic.

Have always wondered why a facility like mentioned above was not considered using Terryland Park Car Park. I would have thought the income stream would be of intrest to Galway Soccer League

Advertisement