Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break lease early due to unsafe condition

Options
  • 27-09-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hello there
    just want to ask if im entiteled of my deposit back if i break the lease early even if i didnt give 28 days notice
    here is my story:
    i moved in 2 months ago (paid 1600 e to agency,one month+deposit),after 5 weeks apartament was robbed , the door wasn't broken they used a key,thats what garda belived,robbed 2 laptops parfumes,clothes etc...
    i called the agency and they didnt even bothered to send us somebody to change the door looker, i paid 60e myself...they said nobody lived in ,only the landlady who is now in Australia,but we found 3 letters with different names on postalbox....i think they lied us...
    2 days ago somebody knock the window and i was so affraid that next day i moved away to my friend ,too scary....
    i supposed to pay another rent on 1th of october ,but i called the agency and told them that i want to break the lease early ,due to unsafe condition, and i wont pay another rent ,but i want my deposit back cause i want to find another place.they ask me for a terminal letter ,garda report ..
    the landlady she isnt registered with PRTB...the agency are very mean and rude they didnt spoke with me when the apartament was robbed ...they wont even look at me....any idees ,please help...thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

no you have no rights to break the lease becasue you were broken into and becasue somebody knocked on your windown.

they are horrible things to happen but not of the landladys doing and not a reason to break a lease

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

danairl wrote: »
    hello there
    just want to ask if im entiteled of my deposit back if i break the lease early even if i didnt give 28 days notice
    here is my story:
    i moved in 2 months ago (paid 1600 e to agency,one month+deposit),after 5 weeks apartament was robbed , the door wasn't broken they used a key,thats what garda belived,robbed 2 laptops parfumes,clothes etc...
    i called the agency and they didnt even bothered to send us somebody to change the door looker, i paid 60e myself...they said nobody lived in ,only the landlady who is now in Australia,but we found 3 letters with different names on postalbox....i think they lied us...
    2 days ago somebody knock the window and i was so affraid that next day i moved away to my friend ,too scary....
    i supposed to pay another rent on 1th of october ,but i called the agency and told them that i want to break the lease early ,due to unsafe condition, and i wont pay another rent ,but i want my deposit back cause i want to find another place.they ask me for a terminal letter ,garda report ..
    the landlady she isnt registered with PRTB...the agency are very mean and rude they didnt spoke with me when the apartament was robbed ...they wont even look at me....any idees ,please help...thank you

Call TV3 now..they are interviewing at the moment loads of people for a tv show and are currently doing a person i know about dodgy letting agencies...expose them.

Also let the prtb know what happened they will help. You got lied too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Call TV3 now..they are interviewing at the moment loads of people for a tv show and are currently doing a person i know about dodgy letting agencies...expose them.

Also let the prtb know what happened they will help. You got lied too.
    Expose them for what?

The most they did was lie about it being rented before. THe owner could have lied to them.

BTW if the LL is out of the country the tax payments are the tenants responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    BTW if the LL is out of the country the tax payments are the tenants responsibility
    Actually, only if they're renting from the landlord directly, and not through an agency as they are. So it's not the OP's responsibility.

Advertisement