Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eMobile iPhone 4 - Work with Meteor?

• 27-09-2011 4:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody bought an iPhone on eMobile recently?
    My dad has an offer or a free upgrade, was thinking of grabbing the iPhone for the GF, but were on Meteor, and am not too sure if it will work with the Meteor sim?

Anybody have any insight into it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'm on emobile and a friend is with meteor, i'll try swap the sims later and let you know

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

guil wrote: »
    i'm on emobile and a friend is with meteor, i'll try swap the sims later and let you know

cheers Guil, i await your findings :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Emobile and meteor are swappable, I'm 100% sure of this!

didnt get a chance to check this evening but thats good to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Yes a meteor sim should work, maybe any sim should work, as they should be unlocked. I'd recommend the meteor sim being the first sim in the phone when you activate it, as iTunes will install an meteor carrier file to the phone if it is. This may not be radically different to a emobile carrier file as meteor and emobile are the same network, but it doesn't hurt to be careful

• Advertisement

Yes a meteor sim should work, maybe any sim should work, as they should be unlocked. I'd recommend the meteor sim being the first sim in the phone when you activate it, as iTunes will install an meteor carrier file to the phone if it is. This may not be radically different to a emobile carrier file as meteor and emobile are the same network, but it doesn't hurt to be careful
    i checked the emobile carrier file before and it's named meteor and has the same apn's etc iirc

Just to close this thread off and help any searchers, My dad got his eMobile iPhone 4 today, and it works on eMobile and Meteor sims.

Thanks for all the info peoples :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

I literally just put my meteor sim into my Mam's Iphone 4 locked to eMobile.

it works fine.

So to answer your question. Yes, your Meteor Sim will work on a eMobile locked phone.

BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Guil did it work the sim as I'm in the same but I'm e mobile phone is meteor thanks. Waiting on it to be delivered b4 I try it hope to god it does work.

bewhiched wrote: »
    Guil did it work the sim as I'm in the same but I'm e mobile phone is meteor thanks. Waiting on it to be delivered b4 I try it hope to god it does work.

EMobile phones work with meteor and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Guys big hug and massive massive thanks that's excellent news whoo hoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

Got a new i phone from e mobile. While service was fine in Dublin I was working in the midlands during the week and the service was redicilous. The amount of dropped calls was embarrasing for my customers. e mobile told me to switch it on to Vodafone network and turn off the data. I done this and it improved ok but not really satisfactory. Anyone else have the same experience ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

Got replacement phone this week and service is much better now. I suppose time will tell. The jury is out on e mobile for now !

Advertisement