Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for a private party

• 27-09-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

Hi,

my 30th is coming up around xmas and i'd like to do something to mark the occasion. has anyone any suggestions for a good place to hold the party? i think there'll be around 70/80 there, roughly. somewhere with a good bar, bit of music, bit of space and obviously want to get served booze as late as possible.

have been to a few in the curragower/ aubars so no interest in either of those

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Ardhú on the Ennis Road is nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Upstairs in The Strand hotel is supposed to be nice. Private Bar etc...Think its on the top floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Russells bar. Do good deals on parties, its big and there's space for a band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Dolans upstairs terrace is a good spot for a 30th or private party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The Ardhú on the Ennis Road is nice. :)

Was told that someone booked it recently and was told they are now charging €1,000 for (food, DJ and reserving an area)……..thought it was complete madness when I heard as the DJ is on for everyone in the bar and the reserved area is sharing the same bar with everyone else, so if booking the Ardhu double check the cost as before you only had to pay for food.

Other than the supposed new cost it is a good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Upstairs in The Strand hotel is supposed to be nice. Private Bar etc...Think its on the top floor.

Don't know the cost but its a great spot with a nice balcony looking over the river. No heaters on the balcony though and the room is fairly big also which needs to be taken into consideration. Very private also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Upstairs bar in the Bailey can be hired out but might be a bit small for 70/80 people. The Munster Bar in Clohessy's can be hired too and closed off from the rest of the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I could be worng but I think very few bars will provide music for a private party. I've been to the Ardhu and the Strand, both worked well but no idea of cost, I really liked the Strand but that's because you get the chance to go out on the roof top adn take a look around the city at night time.

One more place that might be worth looking at is Pier One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Can I make a suggestion - and I'm probably stating the very obvious. You need to get on to this very fast. You mentioned that it's around Christmas time. All the companies will have booked or be starting to book their parties and in no time there won't be any places left. HAPPY BIRTHDAY for then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Mucky duck?? oh wait..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

hi

I was at a party in the Glasshouse restaurant recently...
    really cool venue and a great night was had by all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've been told the Boatclub is great for private parties.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been told the Boatclub is great for private parties.

+1

I've been to a few 21st Birthday parties there in the last few years, all of which went really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Ye don't mean the Limerick Boat Club?, great venue in its day but has been closed for a while.

Have been to the Shannon RC place across from LBC for a few Jazz/Music Nights around 2 yrs back (its stopped since), distinct, kind of settled-in atmosphere there, rooms all over, decent bar nd the feel of being out on the river gave it a bit of a buzz. Didn't realise they hired out for parties but would be great privacy wise.....and good after hrs :)

PS - was at a party in the Strand during summer, very nice spot too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

europa11 wrote: »
    Have been to the Shannon RC place across from LBC for a few Jazz/Music Nights around 2 yrs back (its stopped since), distinct, kind of settled-in atmosphere there, rooms all over, decent bar nd the feel of being out on the river gave it a bit of a buzz. Didn't realise they hired out for parties but would be great privacy wise.....and good after hrs :)

That's the place I meant. Got the names confused! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

We used the Absolute for a party and they could not have been nicer. The food was really reasonable and delicious, the staff were great and the night turned out brilliant. A few friends have subsequently used them and they had no complaints either. Like someone else said, I think most places expect you to organise your own band.

Advertisement