Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are shoes from Next ok for 16 month old?

Options
  • 27-09-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

My daughter is 16 months and we got her her first pair of shoes in Brown Thomas as we couldn't get anything nice in Clarks.
    She is wearing them 4 weeks now and is walking fine.
    I was wondering if it would be ok to buy her shoes in next or is it to soon?
    I am not sure if the shoes in next have good support or not.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,973 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I can't comment on the quality of Next's range, but I will say that at such a crucial stage of your child's development make sure to get the best quality available, and if you have any doubts over Next, or any other shop for that matter, then don't do it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For occasional or fancy wear I would say yes but for every day wear I would bring her somewhere and get properly fitted and buy shoes with a width and length fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

Depends on how long the child is walking.............. I can say, though I’m not sure where you live, I only last week purchased a pair of shoes for my son, I went to Clarkes and the walking shoes were anywhere from 45 - 60 euro :mad: so I drove to the shopping outlet in Kildare town and bought the same shoes in Clarkes (Yes I know it’s the same shop only in the outlet) for 24.50 couldn’t believe it same shoe less than 6 miles away in the same shop for less than half the price.......................so if it’s a matter of price & your anywhere near Kildare town drop into the shopping outlet to Clarkes they had all different styles and will measure your Childs foot properly ;)

Advertisement