Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths LC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Although that brown book by Oliver Murphy was published in 1980's, the course hasn't changed, and the book is pretty amazing.

I actually heard my teacher talking about the book being re-published with the same info and questions except with color drawings and a nicer layout, but I'm not sure if thats true

Anyway, all you ever need to know and more in in that o murphy book, I wouldn't chance that book in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fhfm

The second edition of the book came out in september .Its called Fundamental applied maths

New edition, really? Is the cover still brown? I loved how ridiculously old it looked!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Sadly it's blue and shiny but is still a fantastic book.

Dónal wrote: »
    New edition, really? Is the cover still brown? I loved how ridiculously old it looked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Is that O Murphybook - either edition - still relevant for LC Applied Maths. Thinking of learning from it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

PMBC wrote: »
    Is that O Murphybook - either edition - still relevant for LC Applied Maths. Thinking of learning from it myself.

It is. A new syllabus comes in September 2021 (for 5th Years starting then) and so until then the book is still fine. I believe he is currently working on one for the new syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Thanks Skippy

Advertisement