Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please on the eGo-T

Options
  • 27-09-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I intend to purchase the eGo-T starter kit from thebestshop.eu but need some advice please:

1. They have 3 different battery types: 650, 900 or 1000mAh ones. Are the sticks longer the bigger the battery? Which one should I choose?

2. I must choose a 1.1ml or a 2ml Atomizer. I'm sure the larger one means less refilling but is that the only difference?

I now smoke about 15 silk cut purple a day, and up to double that at the weekends if that info is any use.

Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the longer/bigger batteries means you can use them for longer between charges, that's about it

as to the tanks.. when I used them, I found the 2ml gave a better vape.. I dont know why, it might have been all in my head. but the bigger size requiring less refilling was a big plus too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just my 2 cents on the ego-T, others mightened agree, but...

If I was recommending a starter kit to someone 5-6 months ago, the ego-T would have been it, now it wouldn't...now it'd be something like the sports pcc kit from jacvapour.com. The performance of the new kr808's in that kit is superb. Alternatively an ego battery with some dualcoil or bottom coil cartomisers..... Imo the ego-T has been left behind at this stage... I know it's handy for starters, but there's far more satisfying vapes to be had than the ego-T system these days...

http://www.jacvapour.com/E-cigarette_Kits-Sport_starter_kits.html

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

eGo or eGo-T is good starting point.
    IMO even 650 should last you for full day of vaping but 900 would be better.
    1000mAh is waaay too long.
    With starter kit get some cartomizers (LR 510 or Dual Coil + 510 drip tip).
    My advice is that before you start using ecigs watch some videos on YouTube, how to.... it is very, very handy.

BTW eGo-T "B" works much better than "A" but overall LR cartomizer wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

Hey Gebbel

I would also recommend the ego-T, I use the LR 2ml Tank with the 900mA Battery.
    If you need to try anything else, the battery will go with most carts
    The eGo-T is fine once you realise it will leak a little when the tank is nearly empty. I just blow out the excess liquid from the atomizer and refill my tank.
    The tank is handy because you can see how much liquid is left and can discern between liquids if you have two or more e cigs on the go.

I've bought LR dual coil carts and did not find any improvement in taste or amount of vapour
    As regards battery use I get about a week out of a single charge of the 900mA after 3 months use.
    People who get a day per charge must be constantly vaping.
    You smoke 15 Silk Cut, which is 15 x .5 mg of Nicotine = 7.5 mg per day
    If you buy a typical 18mg per ml e-liquid, you will get the same amount of nicotine by vaping less than 1ml of eliquid per day.
    My eGo-T would go through a 1ml in an hour or so of constant vaping.
    So I wouldn't recommend vaping that much unless you use zero nic liquid

Anyway which ever ecig you go for enjoy your vaping, if it gets you off the smokes it will save you about €3000 a year and probably your health in the long run.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm with Gryzor on this to be honest. I think the ego-t is too unrealiable for beginners personally. A couple of the batteries, a 5 pack of DCC cartomisers and some liquid would currently stand as the best option starting off if you ask me. And with the DCC Cartomisers a 12mg liquid would probably be strong enough too. I just don't like any product no matter how good that could possibly not work and send a beginner straight back to the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'm with the general consensus, when you first try out the Tank system you think WOW, that's until you get your first mouthful of a horrible burning taste.

On the batteries, get a variety of big and small, the big one's are cumbersome due to their length but just keep them for use at home and the smaller one's for when you're out and about.

Get a few Ego Batteries and the Mega Dual Coils and you won't be disappointed imo, you'll also need a syringe for the handiest filling method, the only downside to having all that thick and cloudy consistent vape is you will go through your liquids much faster than if you were using a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velocivaper

Samba wrote: »
    Get a few Ego Batteries and the Mega Dual Coils and you won't be disappointed imo, you'll also need a syringe for the handiest filling method, the only downside to having all that thick and cloudy consistent vape is you will go through your liquids much faster than if you were using a tank.

Gotta agree with that, I started out with the tips then went to the tank and now am a LR XL DCC convert. I use the "cart' condom" method of filling:quick and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Am i the only one on here that has no probs with the tank :confused: been useing em since day 1 and still do,and yes iv tryed cartos, DCC, clearomizers, driping ect ect

no burnt taste,no leaks,good tast [if useing good juice] good vapor and hit even on the atty from the day i started back in may

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Am i the only one on here that has no probs with the tank :confused: been useing em since day 1 and still do,and yes iv tryed cartos, DCC, clearomizers, driping ect ect

no burnt taste,no leaks,good tast [if useing good juice] good vapor and hit even on the atty from the day i started back in may

I'm the same, never had any hassles with any of the Ego's that I have.
    The atties I have are still working as well as they did when I first got them - I do take them apart and clean them regularly though.

I also prefer the tanks to cartos and dual coils.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I've taken a few old tanks I had apart, cleaned and dry burned and I was impressed, was pretty much as good as new, in fact when compared with a standard LR Dual coil, I thought the tank was actually better. Cleaning and dry burning and removing the wick and putting it back is time consuming tbh, sure you get better at it the more you do it but it's work i'd prefer not to have to do.

For me though, none come close to the mega dual coils(5ml specifically, the 3.5ml version are disappointing), I fill them once a day, no cleaning required and 7 days in it's still producing thick and consistent vapour with every draw. (way more than tanks or standard dual coils). I have one friend who's been using just one on it's own for 11 days and running, still no issues.

They were expensive on some sites when they first showed up but now they can be sourced for as little as €3 each. Don't think I'll ever go back to tanks unless I have to as a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

So I received the eGo-T yesterday, along with 80ml of 18mg Silk Cut liquid. I smoked Silk Cut Purple on and off for about 20 years so choosing the liquid was pretty easy!

Set-up was easy, I had read through lots of threads here and watched explanatory youtube videos, but it really is very simple. I have been vaping all day today and enjoying it. I'm feeling kinda liberated that I'm not pumping my lungs full of carcinogens, or at least way way less of them!

In terms of the eGo-T device, I think it's great. I'm getting a good throat hit off each drag with no liquid leakage...I know it's only new so wouldn't expect there to be yet but pleased nonetheless. Battery life is good...I mean I have been puffing away all day and it's still going strong.

I am going to order some different liquids now. The Silk Cut flavour is OK but I'm sure there are better. I have read that premium RY4 is good and I will also get one menthol bottle.

So I'm pretty chuffed right now and intend to burn the last 5 cigarettes I have left in the box from last night.....in the fire they will go and fingers crossed never again!

Thanks for all the tips here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Thats the spirit gebbel.
    Don't burn the fags, keep em, if your atties go try one. I bet you'll wonder how you ever smoked.
    Ry4 yum yum
    Oh how dose the silk cut liquid compare to the silk cut purple btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Good luck gebbel!

Although I've been vaping for a few months I only fully quit smoking three weeks ago - with my ego it's been bloody fantastic. No urge to smoke at all and I'm really enjoying my vaping.

Give the standard bestshop RY4 a try, the premium version tastes like blackberries and is pretty nasty in my opinion.

Silk cut liquid is growing on me all day long but I'm keen to try others so will order a few more and decide then on which I like most. I love the smooth throat hit you get....and the fact that it never triggers a cough or a retch like the cigarettes sometimes gave me.

Ok so a quick update. Been vaping away for 5 days now and smoking cigarettes has not once entered my head. The eGo-T is a good device and never fails to give me a good throat hit but I have one gripe with it: it tends to leak.

When I say leak, I don't mean I end up inhaling the liquid. When I inhale, I get the hit fine, but when I remove the tank it's sometimes all wet on the outside and at the bottom of the atty. I end up often wiping it dry and starting over. I also think I get a slightly better drag off it when its dry.

A quick google on the matter shows that a number of others have experienced the same issue. Has anyone here any tips on how to minimize it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

gebbel wrote: »
    Ok so a quick update. Been vaping away for 5 days now and smoking cigarettes has not once entered my head. The eGo-T is a good device and never fails to give me a good throat hit but I have one gripe with it: it tends to leak.

When I say leak, I don't mean I end up inhaling the liquid. When I inhale, I get the hit fine, but when I remove the tank it's sometimes all wet on the outside and at the bottom of the atty. I end up often wiping it dry and starting over. I also think I get a slightly better drag off it when its dry.

A quick google on the matter shows that a number of others have experienced the same issue. Has anyone here any tips on how to minimize it?

Cheers

Try blowing out excess liquid from the atty onto a paper towel (from the tank end of the atty)

Yeah the liquid will clog the air holes. I don't have a tank ego, just the reg attie one so I got the 510 tanks. No leaks, no trouble filling, no flavor, no vapor. Are the eGo tanks any better?
    I think I heard somewhare that tanks leak most as they empty so you could try keeping it filled. Seems to make the whole idea redundant tho.

well i have my off days with the T but its still my prefared way to vape both 510T and EGo. I did find at the start that if u stuck something in the hole to leaver off the cap it would then leak as the hole was now bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Oh how dose the silk cut liquid compare to the silk cut purple btw.

There's no real similarities, just bought some more juice today and i'm sorry I didn't go for the RY4 but I definitely wont be trying the silk cut again, it's alright but i'm sure there's much better

• Advertisement

Yeah, just have to accept that vape and smoke are two different animals, no point trying to get the same taste. Tis like trying to get a silkcut that tasted like taytos.
    Oh well at least it's healthier.
    (tommy2bad felling nostalgic for fags)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Megastar

A quick warning about the ego-t kits from e-cigireland.
    http://www.e-cigireland.com/egokits.html

I bought the €40 kit with 2 1300 mAh batteries and the batteries are completely crap. One has stopped working within a couple of weeks and the other lasts about an hour but doesn't give a decent vape.

Also, there's no device available to stop the button getting pressed in your pocket or pouch. The only safe place is in your hand.

With the kit I got the smaller A style atties and discovered that they aren't a patch on the Bs. Not the fault of e-cigireland of course.

The charger and carry case are fine but the rest was a disaster.

The 1000mAh batteries from thebestshop.eu are great. I've just ordered the genuine Joye batteries. Looking forward to a power vape :-)

Edit: e-cigireland.com have sorted out the problems I mentioned. I'm impressed by their customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Megastar wrote: »
    Also, there's no device available to stop the button getting pressed in your pocket or pouch. The only safe place is in your hand.

But it has to be pressed 5 times in 2 seconds to switch it on if it's off. Does it not work the same way as the one from thebestshop?

Edit - Just seen that only some of the batteries have the feature, they shouldn't be sold without it

With the kit I got the smaller A style atties and discovered that they aren't a patch on the Bs. Not the fault of e-cigireland of course.

There is a Switch protector
    eGo_Switch_protector.jpg

A and B types i use both and the only diferance iv experanced is 1 is round the other is a cone and the ammount of juice they hold. The insides are the same
    I only get genuine Joye stuff tho as id rather pay more then buy twice
    iv 1 ego-t atty still on the go after 135days but have had 1 only last 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

A quick warning about the ego-t kits from e-cigireland.
    http://www.e-cigireland.com/egokits.html

I bought the €40 kit with 2 1300 mAh batteries and the batteries are completely crap. One has stopped working within a couple of weeks and the other lasts about an hour but doesn't give a decent vape.

The charger and carry case are fine but the rest was a disaster.

The 1000mAh batteries from thebestshop.eu are great. I've just ordered the genuine Joye batteries. Looking forward to a power vape :-)

The batteries worked absolutely fine for me. The only issue was the size of them, but the lady that runs the website was kind enough to take them back and i got the led kit instead. Fantastic kit, never a single leak and been going strong for weeks now .would highly recommend e-cigireland to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Megastar

ktala wrote: »
    The batteries worked absolutely fine for me. The only issue was the size of them, but the lady that runs the website was kind enough to take them back and i got the led kit instead. Fantastic kit, never a single leak and been going strong for weeks now .would highly recommend e-cigireland to everyone.

Update:

e-cigireland got back to me very promptly with apologies and replacements when they heard of my battery woes. Top marks to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Denis7

I bought an eGo-T about a month ago and really enjoyed vaping, great throat hit. Bought a new one with a bigger battery and it worked ok for a while then the vapour just wasnt as good as I've previously experienced. I'm new to vaping so I thought maybe the atomiser was dead, so I bought a new one today and it worked fine, for about 20 puffs and then the vapour amount dropped off again. It cant be the battery cos its new and I've only charged it twice (social smoker with a few pints once or twice a week) and the atomiser came with a new tank. I use mint ejuice (18mg) and when filling the tank I put a few drops on the cotton wool part that goes into the atomiser, and the battery is fully charged. Where am I going wrong? I only use the bloody thing at weekends and from what I read I should have gotten more use out of the atty that came with it. Any ideas?

Denis7 wrote: »
    I bought an eGo-T about a month ago and really enjoyed vaping, great throat hit. Bought a new one with a bigger battery and it worked ok for a while then the vapour just wasnt as good as I've previously experienced. I'm new to vaping so I thought maybe the atomiser was dead, so I bought a new one today and it worked fine, for about 20 puffs and then the vapour amount dropped off again. It cant be the battery cos its new and I've only charged it twice (social smoker with a few pints once or twice a week) and the atomiser came with a new tank. I use mint ejuice (18mg) and when filling the tank I put a few drops on the cotton wool part that goes into the atomiser, and the battery is fully charged. Where am I going wrong? I only use the bloody thing at weekends and from what I read I should have gotten more use out of the atty that came with it. Any ideas?

Hi Denis, I'm a little confused about you putting "drops on the cotton wool part". I don't do this. Can you elaborate?

gebbel wrote: »
    Hi Denis, I'm a little confused about you putting "drops on the cotton wool part". I don't do this. Can you elaborate?

maybe he ment the wick inside the spike ? only other thing i can think of is its a ego and not a ego-t maybe :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I'd agree with what the other posters have said.

I'll also add that it can sometimes be a good idea to give the contacts on your battery and atomiser a wipe with a cotton bud now and then.
    Sometimes you get a buildup on them. I rather suspect I tossed some perfectly good attys on the OH when he started vaping first.:o

It's worth a try, anyway.

(Assuming you're using an atomiser, rather than a cartomiser - I'm confused about the cotton wool bit, too.)

Advertisement