Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lights on Zetors

• 27-09-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

Any of ye who have drove or own a zetor model will know just how outrageous the lights are on them. Any model from 09 backwards is arkward to say the least when doing any work at night.
    The way they are set up to work is that you can only either have the 2 front lights on the front grill on OR the top two on the top grilll over your head.. you can switch from the front lights to the top lights using a switch on the dash

Its not a very big issue unless your working with a laoder then you find yourself constantly switching at night to be able to see where you are going.
    I'v two questions:

1. Has anyone rectified this problem and can work with both sets of lights on simultaneously?

2. On a side note would it be possible to put greater power bulbs in the top grill because they are not very satisfactory as they are?. I was thinking 8000k Xenon bulbs..might throw out a bit more light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

I know exactly how you feel,i have the same problem but a friend of mine has it sorted for both to work together,im not sure how it was ill ask him did it come like that or did he do it himself..i dont know about the top lights wheter you can do that or not but is def a good idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

My 1992 Zetor, can have front heads, and front cab mount lights on at same time. If the brakes were as good as the lights, I'd be away with it.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

i have the same problem with my jcb 3cx on the lights.would love to know a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Guys,
    That's an easy problem to solve. Any decent auto-electrician could do that for you. No problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

pakalasa wrote: »
    Guys,
    That's an easy problem to solve. Any decent auto-electrician could do that for you. No problem.

Key thing Pakalasa stated here is auto-electrician; do no attempt to direct wire the connection without using proper fuses & relays etc. You would be amazed at the heat generated by the current running through those cables; a fire in the cab is the last thing you need. I've seen whole fuse boxes melted after a few minutes because of incorrect wiring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Ya, I know waht you mean. I work a bit with electrics in my job.
    People think that beacuse it is only 12V DC that light wires will be fine. Low voltage of course means high current, so heavy cables needed. Just look at the size of the cables connected to the battery.

Most tractor fires are caused by dodgy wiring.

Advertisement