Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Problems

• 27-09-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I have a problem with the lights in two of my upstairs rooms one is the attic. Both went at the same time. The lights are not working no matter what I do. I have checked all sockets and fuses and bulbs all are fine. power is fine in both rooms and the main fuse board is also fine. Is there any other checks I can do before spending money on an electrician.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

You could have a loose loop feed to the light switch and so there maybe no power goin to the switch, you would have to open the switch and see if the cables are loose. Do this with the power off and if no loose cables then you could use a phase tester if you are confident with electricity with the power on.... Also you may have a loose nuetral or broken nuetral. Have u had any new lights installed upstairs recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BDSC1964

Cheers digger I'll try that. No new lights fitted either.

All sorted thanks for the advise. Much obliged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Out of curiosity, what was the problem??

I bought a phase tester as you advised and tested the sockets. No power was getting through. There was a live loop wire out in one of the other bedroom switches. Mind you it was the last one I tried!
    Ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Decs Dexter

I have a fish tank with a 30wt T8 Electronic Ballast which is not working after bulb was replaced. I changed the ballast with similar data and still no joy.
    When the power is on there is power on both tail pieces but not at neutral terminal when I disconnect neutral cable, the neutral terminal has power,
    can anybody explain how this is?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I have a fish tank with a 30wt T8 Electronic Ballast which is not working after bulb was replaced. I changed the ballast with similar data and still no joy.
    When the power is on there is power on both tail pieces but not at neutral terminal when I disconnect neutral cable, the neutral terminal has power,
    can anybody explain how this is?:(

I know it is an electrical problem you have but someone HERE might be able to help ;)

Advertisement