Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change counters!

Options
  • 27-09-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Any one know what places have them machines that count your scrap change? I'm skint and I need to break into the piggy bank!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I think Buckleys, Supervalu in Mullingar has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Go and get yourself some money bags and count it yourself because those change counters take at least 10% of your money for the privilege. Then go into a shop or pub and ask them if they want the coins because if you take it into a bank I think they too might charge you for that privilege. They used to anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tag1

Purple Bobbin is right. There is one in Buckleys Supervalu in Austin Friars St and the shop at O Briens Petrol Station on the Kilbeggan road has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

Just pop into any of the banks and get the bags, it will save you alot. Any shop will be delighted to take coin off you as they also have to pay to get coin from the bank.
    With the 1c and 2c you can just pop them into a machine then as its painful to count them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Next time you're shopping in Tesco, use the shrapnel with the self serve machines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement