Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer's allowance change in circumstances

Options
  • 27-09-2011 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I receive carer's allowance for my autistic daughter. I have the opportunity of a job working from home during the hours when she is in school. I would be earning less than €230 per week. Does anybody know how this would affect my carer's allowance? Would my carer's allowance be reduced or even stopped altogether? My husband is not working due to injury but is not receiving any benefit as he was self-employed before his accident. We are really struggling to survive on the carers allowance as there is no other money coming in. If I do take the job would my carers payments be suspended while they review my circumstances? Also what would the tax situation on my earnings be?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement