Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade from N900 to ??

Options
  • 27-09-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Have an opportunity to get a new phone with upgrade of my Vodafone package and wondering what is the best option.

Currently have a Nokia N900 and really like it due to the keyboard, decent enough Satnav with Sygic Mobile and general usability.

I will be using this for work purposes now as well i.e. email & internet.

Any suggestions as to what i should go for. Never been a fan of the iPhone type touch screen from a texting/emailing perspective. Feel i can do this much better/faster with the N900 keyboard where i can use both thumbs to type and get good tactile feedback from the keyboard.

May end up using the N900 anyway, but since i have the opportunity to get a new phone paid for by the company i thought i may as well have a look around.

Have heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy S2. Any feedback on what this is like as a business phone?

Other suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would seriously look at any of the WP7 phones. I upgraded from my N900 to an Optimus 7 and it's the best phone i've ever had. I was also worried about losing the physical keyboard but you really do just get used to it. And the WP7 keyboard is very good at correcting mistakes.

I would say im probably still faster typing on my N900, but having a device that's thinner, lighter, and has an OS that's 100 times more polished more than makes up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

Wait 19 days! See what Nokia reveals at Nokia World, with their Windows Phone push.
    I can't wait to see them, I'd never not use a Nokia. Antenna performance cannot be beaten, their cameras are brilliant and what you see in Nokia phones is only the tip of the iceberg of what's photographically possible in their labs. Nokia Maps too are far better than anything else out there.
    I'm getting excited.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I went for the Samsung Galaxy S 2. BEAST of a phone. Does everything the N900 did with a hell of a lot more UMPH. Sorely missing a hard keyboard, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

dregin wrote: »
    I went for the Samsung Galaxy S 2. BEAST of a phone. Does everything the N900 did with a hell of a lot more UMPH. Sorely missing a hard keyboard, though.

Get a keyboard replacement such as swiftkey X.

Advertisement