Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Mango Released TODAY!!!

Options
  • 27-09-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

htc-titan-2.jpgSamsung-Omnia-W-Windows-Phone-Mango-official.jpgHTC-Radar.jpg

Hey there!!

So from starting today Mango is starting to be pushed out accross all network across the whole world.

This doesnt meant that you will get it instantly. The notification will probably pop up within the week as they gradually roll it out.

Some people are updating as i write this :)

Certain handsets are emitted. But it doesnt look like there is any in Ireland :)

Either way heres the schedule :)

Any one on Mango Beta should also get a notification get a clean up update to put them back on track onto an official update track. That means you wont have to revert back to NoDo.

It will also work for the unofficial beta's :)

Whats new in Windows Phone 7.5 or aka Mango

Threads

Got lots to say? Start with a text and finish in Facebook or Messenger chat (or vice versa). With Threads, you can switch instantly between texting and IM within a single conversation. You can also send a text with just your voice – totally hands-free – or text and chat with multiple contacts in a single thread.

Groups

Groups help you focus on the contacts that matter. Organise your favourite people into groups – family, friends from the local area, football parents. Then you can email, text or chat with a whole group at once. Pin a group to Start and you’ll see missed calls, new messages and social networking updates from the group members.

Email featuring Outlook Mobile

Stay on top of that torrent of email — with Outlook Mobile, you can view only unread, urgent or flagged messages, or use conversation view to group messages by subject. If you’ve got lots of accounts, you can create linked inboxes to streamline things – like one for personal mail and one for work (the accounts stay separate). Then pin them to Start to keep tabs on the incoming mail.

Peoples Hub

Only Windows Phone has a People Hub with one-touch access to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, so you’ll always be in the loop. Skim the latest posts and pictures from your friends. Dial, text or IM your contacts, one at a time or in groups. Or use the Me card to post your status, see who’s writing on your Wall or change your profile pictures, right from your phone.

Picture Hub + Camera

Press the camera button to quickly take photos, even when your phone is locked. Then you can share, tweet, text or email it, all from one place. You can even tag a picture as you upload it to Facebook – your phone detects the faces automatically. The Pictures Hub houses your entire collection — including online albums — and even shows a feed of your friends’ latest pics.

Application Connect

Application Connect serves up the application you need – sometimes before you even know you need it. Looking for film times? Search with Bing and alongside the usual web results you might see applications to buy tickets or read reviews, whether they’re on your phone already or available for download in Marketplace. You’ll also bump into your applications where you’ll find them most useful: photo applications show up in the Pictures Hub and music applications in Music + Videos.

Start Screen + Live Tiles

The Live Tiles on Start show you what’s happening with your applications, your upcoming appointments, your social networks and more. Get a quick weather update, find out when someone likes your Facebook post and see how many calls you missed during your afternoon run. You can pin more things to Start to keep them handy: applications, contact groups, a mapped location, a song or album, your best snapshots, a webpage… too many to list here!

Music + Video Hub

The Music + Videos Hub is your anytime entertainment centre. Play your music collection — synchronised wirelessly from your PC — or stream or download new tunes from Marketplace. Watch TV programmes, films or your own video clips on the high-resolution screen and listen to custom playlists, radio and more on your phone. Add an optional Zune Music Pass to get unlimited music for one low monthly fee.

Office Hub

No more need to be chained to your desk — Windows Phone has mobile versions of Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint for working on the go. Start a Word document or Excel workbook on your phone, then synchronise it to SkyDrive so you can write or edit some more on your computer later. And SharePoint Workspace Mobile makes it easier to collaborate with your coworkers when you’re out and about.

Internet Explorer 9

Internet Explorer Mobile puts the web in your pocket, harnessing the power of your phone’s hardware for faster, smoother web browsing. Open multiple tabs, get search suggestions as you type in the address bar and press phone numbers and addresses on webpages to call or map them. Internet Explorer is social too: you can share web links in email or with your social networks, right from your phone’s browser.

One Button to Bing!

Where can we eat? When is the film? How do I get there? What’s that song? Press the Search button to get answers from Bing or use Bing Maps to find an address or get directions. You can also search with your voice, take a photo to get results with Vision search or find out what song is playing with Music search — your phone “listens” and then finds the name, artist, album and even where you can hear or buy it.

And those are a few of the 500 new features that Windows Phone 7.5 bring to the table :)

You can find more on http://www.windowsphone.com

Bring on Another yer till Apollo (and tango in the middle :) )

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sPromo-MARKETPLACEAPPS-212x136.jpg

Link to Windows Phone 7 Marketplace:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Nice little video showing some of the new features added to the Mango update

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Up and running on my Mozart.. No major discernable difference from the RTM version 7720.68. Seems to have fixed a rebooting problem i had though.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Anyone on Vodafone update yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

No mango update on my optimus 7 yet :o(Vodafone Germany)
    Edit: just tried the method on the other windows phone 7 topic and got it to work. Flashing to mango as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I flashed to the open Eu version first then followed the instruction on the XDA forum. Updated to mango, now I can put on custom ringtones using Zune and I can send and receive MMS messages on o2 :D.

Mine was one of the german Vodafone branded ones too.

I flashed to the open Eu version first then followed the instruction on the XDA forum. Updated to mango, now I can put on custom ringtones using Zune and I can send and receive MMS messages on o2 :D.

Mine was one of the german Vodafone branded ones too.

Teach me your ways master. I too would love to be able to send mms. I'll probably never send any but I'd like the option :D

I also have a German Optimus 7 however I have already updated to mango.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Hello, I have one of the German LG Optimus 7 phones and am hoping to update to Mango. It hasn't appeared automatically yet but found this info on a site which shows how to force the update.
    http://www.wpcentral.com/force-mango-update-early-through-zune-software

I also found this info. Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem.

http://www.wpcentral.com/lg-optimus-7-e-900-update-error

I'm trying to decide on whether to go ahead and try update or wait until solution is found to this problem. If worse comes to worse, can I restore to my current version of 7392.

It appears I have spoken too soon. I can send and receive MMS messages and not access the web or Vice versa. BAH!

It appears I have spoken too soon. I can send and receive MMS messages and not access the web or Vice versa. BAH!

LOOOL. Got it :D.

Here is how I got it working or what I did at least.

I installed a vanilla ROM (no manufacturer) over the vodafone German NnDo version. Info here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935578&page=1

After setting it up, I enabled ADC in the engineers menu
    Info here,

http://japrogbits.blogspot.com/2010/11/enable-adc-on-your-windows-phone-7.html

and installed the LG network app from the marketplace. This did not get MMS working, could surf the web though.

Now, after this I could not get the phone to update to NoDo again as Zune was being as ass. So tricked it into giving it to me.
    Info here,

http://www.winrumors.com/still-waiting-on-nodo-easy-workaround-enables-quick-delivery/

Afterwards I followed the guide to move my phone to Mango. Found here,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1215501

I did not need to run steps 16 onwards.

I had ADC enabled the whole time and after the update I can now send MMS to get the internet working at the same time I changed the internet connection to the one that says internet in the engineers menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Jomcc wrote: »
    Hello, I have one of the German LG Optimus 7 phones and am hoping to update to Mango. It hasn't appeared automatically yet but found this info on a site which shows how to force the update.

I also found this info. Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem.

http://www.wpcentral.com/lg-optimus-7-e-900-update-error

I'm trying to decide on whether to go ahead and try update or wait until solution is found to this problem. If worse comes to worse, can I restore to my current version of 7392.

I had all previous updates released and had no problems updating to mango (LG otpimus 7 obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Got my Samsung Omnia 7 to update no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

mcgovern wrote: »
    Got my Samsung Omnia 7 to update no bother

what network you on? Tried updating and only updated to 7.0.7392. I'm on three

I managed to get mms working on my optimus 7(Germany) with mango fw.

Simply download the Network setup app from LG App store.
    (ADC cannot be enabled)
    Run the App. It will restart your phone and set it to Vodafone Ireland(272)
    Set your Apn in Settings>mobile Network to live.vodafone.com
    Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Just forced the update on my Omnia 7, working well, love the multitasking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Music + Videos Hub is your anytime entertainment centre. Play your music collection — synchronised wirelessly from your PC

i find bizarre that your PC has to be connected wirelessly to your home network for this to work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Bambi wrote: »
    i find bizarre that your PC has to be connected wirelessly to your home network for this to work :confused:

No it doesnt. My PC is connected to my network with Ethernet, and syncs to my WP7 wirelessly.

Willnae work for me full stop and all the documentation seems to make the assumption that the PC is connected to the same ssid

Setup

When you set up wireless sync, the Zune software searches your computer for a wireless profile. Zune will automatically locate the network name and network key used by your computer to connect to the network if:

You're using Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Your computer is wirelessly connected to the network

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Exactly what won't work for you?

Wireless synchronisation? Of course this needs wireless ... it is wireless.

Or did you mean synchronisation in general? You can sync with cable too.

Or did you mean you can't play music? Did you sync music to the phone yet using the cable?

Wireless synchronisation is only to allow you to add new music to zune and then it will wireless sync to your phone while you are charging over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The update schedule is confusing me.

Odd situation. I have a Samsung Omnia 7 model. It was originally Three, and has been unlocked, and I'm now using it on Meteor. Anyone have any ideas which operator I'll be waiting on for the update? Surely it would be Meteor?

How can I force the update?

Cheers!
    Mick.

EDIT:Just found out how to force it. Might try this tonight and report back.

• Advertisement

roast wrote: »
    The update schedule is confusing me.

Odd situation. I have a Samsung Omnia 7 model. It was originally Three, and has been unlocked, and I'm now using it on Meteor. Anyone have any ideas which operator I'll be waiting on for the update? Surely it would be Meteor?

How can I force the update?

Cheers!
    Mick.

EDIT:Just found out how to force it. Might try this tonight and report back.

Check in settings and about to see which carrier the phone's firmware is. I'd say its Three.

Try this to force and update to Mango it's worked for most people in the other thread

1. Start Zune
    2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
    3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
    4. Start the update search in Zune
    5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
    6. Zune finds Update. Press OK.
    7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It's factory unlocked I think. It's on meteor at the moment though.

Do the forced update again and it will update you to Mango

TBi wrote: »
    Exactly what won't work for you?

Wireless synchronisation? Of course this needs wireless ... it is wireless.

Or did you mean synchronisation in general? You can sync with cable too.

Or did you mean you can't play music? Did you sync music to the phone yet using the cable?

Wireless synchronisation is only to allow you to add new music to zune and then it will wireless sync to your phone while you are charging over night.

If my phone is connected to the wirelessly to my router, and my pc is connected to the same router via ethernet then I foolishly thought that I'd be able to synch..capiche?

Bambi wrote: »
    If my phone is connected to the wirelessly connected to my router, and my pc is connected to the same router via ethernet then I foolishly thought that I'd be able to synch..capiche?

Mine works over ethernet. No idea how though. Honestly, I dont really care for wireless sync anyway. I dont leave my PC on when I'm not using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭fits

Mango update hasnt come through on my phone yet (Omnia on meteor). And i was all excited yesterday and all :(

Ran the "Forced update" just a while ago. Took quite a while for the update, but it eventually completed. Ahhh....Multi-Tasking.... at long f@cking last! ;D
    fits wrote: »
    Mango update hasnt come through on my phone yet (Omnia on meteor). And i was all excited yesterday and all :(

Same situation as me, Omnia 7, on Meteor. Force the update. Sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭fits

Still hasnt come through... :(
    How do you force the update?

fits wrote: »
    Still hasnt come through... :(
    How do you force the update?

• Advertisement

Got it today. Didnt force it.

Advertisement