Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Mango Released TODAY!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Okay so I have an unlocked tmobile Omnia 7 but I'm now on meteor. Tried force updating to no avail. I contacted meteor to see when are they updating but they said the following...

"I can confirm that Meteor do not offer updates for these Handsets the manufacturers should apply alll updates, You will need to contact them directly" "You need to visit the Samsung website for updates"

But aren't the carriers/operators meant to be releasing updates to its customers?? Not the manufacturer...ie Samsung I'm confused! I know its through Zune and MS but its so frustrating

Meteor not having a clue as usually.

Carriers and OEM's dont provide the update. Microsoft does all the updating. The only parts where carriers and OEM's come in is testing it to make sure everyone is happy. You will get the update over Zune.

You dont need any websites to update it. You will get a notification eventually. Update push is still being throttled at 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Having problems on boards.ie mobile. Some of the pages look like they are vibrating and not displaying correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

How much is the windows phone going for? Is it on prepay as well as bill? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

qwertytlk wrote: »
    How much is the windows phone going for? Is it on prepay as well as bill? Thanks

I'd hold off getting one just now as the news ones are just coming out with front facing cameras for video calling.

You can pick up an LG Optimus for 180 euros unlocked on ebay, great phone but I'd still wait for the new batch. There's 3 new Nokia's coming out very soon and the Nokia Searay looks really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I'm loving Mango so far, it made my already good phone better.

As far as Visual Voicemail and Tethering are concerned:

Can someone tell me what Visual Voicemail actually is?

I tether my phone with a USB cable, and even if the wireless tethering was available, I'd still connect with a USB cable, simply because the combined 3G and WiFi usage will turn your battery into mush.

• Advertisement

DjFlin wrote: »
    I'm loving Mango so far, it made my already good phone better.

As far as Visual Voicemail and Tethering are concerned:

Can someone tell me what Visual Voicemail actually is?

I tether my phone with a USB cable, and even if the wireless tethering was available, I'd still connect with a USB cable, simply because the combined 3G and WiFi usage will turn your battery into mush.

Visual voicemail allows you to access your voicemail using a visual list, thats about it.

I have my own visual voice mail setup on my phone and it doesn't cost me a penny. I use blueface for my landline at home but they give you 2 numbers, one is a dublin number and the other is a irish voip number.

I've set my irish voip number to go direct to my blueface voicemail when called. I've set my unanswered calls on my mobile to go to my voip number which goes straight to voicemail. When a message is left blueface email it to my voicemail email account which gets pushed to my phone.

This is great on 3 as I have the free landline calls option which includes irish voip numbers so forwarding calls doesn't eat up my free minutes. I've all you can eat data so emails getting pushed to my phone don't cost me anything either :-D

You can get a pay as you go account from blueface for 5 euros and away you go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shaggyskunk

Hi was searching to find why there was no Mango for my Samsung Focus....I found an interesting atricle @ PC World, which seems to give the actual roll out info. http://www.pcworld.com/article/241057/mango_update_progressing_but_samsung_owners_have_to_wait.html

If anyone has any information that contrdicts this...I would love to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Torqueamada

Hi was searching to find why there was no Mango for my Samsung Focus....I found an interesting atricle @ PC World, which seems to give the actual roll out info. http://www.pcworld.com/article/241057/mango_update_progressing_but_samsung_owners_have_to_wait.html

If anyone has any information that contrdicts this...I would love to hear it.
    Thanks for the link... It's the first article I've seen that adequately explains my absent update. Three had no explanation when I rang them about it. It looks like I'll be waiting another while.

To be honest, I've read so many reports of bugs and battery woes as a result of the update I'm not sure if I want it so badly now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Jet Black wrote: »
    Having problems on boards.ie mobile. Some of the pages look like they are vibrating and not displaying correctly.

Me too! Only happening since the update. Sometimes if you turn the phone sideways the shaking will stop. Doesn't always work though. It gets quite annoying after a while!

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Me too! Only happening since the update. Sometimes if you turn the phone sideways the shaking will stop. Doesn't always work though. It gets quite annoying after a while!

Quite the opposite for me. I used to have that on NoDo, Mango Beta 1,2. Seems to have ceased in RTM Mango

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

No problems here on touch boards.ie for me on Mango RTM.

I do get a odd random reboot here or there but it only seems to occur in the Insider app. Phone is perfectly stable other than that thankfully :p

I've had no problems or reboots at all with the Mango update. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

guys,

I have a HTC HD7 on O2.

I checked via Zune a few days ago and was told no update available.

Is it possible to force mango onto my phone? oh and how?

Ta

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is it possible to force mango onto my phone? oh and how?

Ta

Try this, you may need to try this a few times but it will work :)
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    Try this trick to update to Mango

1. Start Zune
    2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
    3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
    4. Start the update search in Zune
    5. About 1 to 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
    6. Zune finds Update. Press OK.
    7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

^

Just hooked up the phone to try this and .... there was actually an update waiting for me :)

updating as we speak

^

Just hooked up the phone to try this and .... there was actually an update waiting for me :)

updating as we speak

Hey you will love it!

Hey you will love it!

I hope so ...1hr in and it is on update 2 of 10 :eek:

I hope so ...1hr in and it is on update 2 of 10 :eek:

Do you have lots of stuff on it?

I think mine took around 30-45 mins. Download speeds were pretty crap (was using hotel broadband) and i had lots of music and games.

It does a back up process so thats why it might take a while.

Done :D

Done :D

Good :) now bring some mango's to work and get cracking on that app :)

• Advertisement

Good :) now bring some mango's to work and get cracking on that app :)

what should I now be able to do?

also:
    • MMS dont work :(
    • Facebook chat gives error =>network unavailable, or HTTPS not supported on your device or network <= this was working before update :(
    • under messaging, 'online' shows no-one online but I can see from my labtop there are several FB contacts online
    • should there be extra theme colours, and ring tones?
    Any ideas on these?

what should I now be able to do?

also:
    • MMS dont work :(
    • Facebook chat gives error =>network unavailable, or HTTPS not supported on your device or network <= this was working before update :(
    • under messaging, 'online' shows no-one online but I can see from my labtop there are several FB contacts online this is ok now :)
    • should there be extra theme colours, and ring tones?
    Any ideas on these?

1down :)

what else is new?

what else is new?

Mmm try to reconfigure the MMS? What phone do you have?

Try restarting the phone for facebook. I had the same issue when i went Mango Beta 1. Restart did the trick. Then all my facebook contacts were online

Theres no extra theme colors with Mango. As long time stated that Microsoft allows OEM's and Carriers to add extra colors they want.

Its quite easy to add extra ones if you can dev unlock your phone :)

And heres how to make ringtones ;)http://www.1800pocketpc.com/how-to-make-your-own-ringtones-for-windows-phone-mango/23188/

They have requirements not to mess up the quality of of phone :(

what else is new?

Mmm try to reconfigure the MMS? What phone do you have?

Try restarting the phone for facebook. I had the same issue when i went Mango Beta 1. Restart did the trick. Then all my facebook contacts were online

Theres no extra theme colors with Mango. As long time stated that Microsoft allows OEM's and Carriers to add extra colors they want.

Its quite easy to add extra ones if you can dev unlock your phone :)

And heres how to make ringtones ;)http://www.1800pocketpc.com/how-to-make-your-own-ringtones-for-windows-phone-mango/23188/

They have requirements not to mess up the quality of of phone :(
    i've a htc hd7.. How do i confugure mms? Ta

If you go into HTC Marketplace there should be an app for configuring APN and MMS there.

Might do the trick?

Sorry, another q...

In settings, the email+accounts option wont open. Ive reset the phone, still wont work

Sorry, another q...

In settings, the email+accounts option wont open. Ive reset the phone, still wont work

Ive no idea. Looks like it got messy for you :S

Just try a restart of a battery one more time. If not id go for a new rom or a hard reset. Looks like something buggy is going on there.

Sorry, another q...

Just try a restart of a battery one more time. If not id go for a new rom or a hard reset. Looks like something buggy is going on there.
    hard reset = remove battery?

Sorry, another q...

hard reset = remove battery?

Hard reset means restore to factory default.

Try tweeting windows phone Ireland on Facebook or tweeting WinPhoneSupport orln twitter. They might have a better answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If you go into your list of apps there should be one called connection setup, it will reset your mms for you. Same thing happened to me when I updated my HD7! My accounts were ok though so cant help you with that sorry

Advertisement