Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Mango Released TODAY!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

any one have issue with an ads[1].xhtml not loading when trying to access boards via their windows phone?!

PS: from my previous posts in here its kinda obvious that I'm on mango :), and boards was fine after the update last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    any one have issue with an ads[1].xhtml not loading when trying to access boards via their windows phone?!

PS: from my previous posts in here its kinda obvious that I'm on mango :), and boards was fine after the update last night

Yeah adds don't work for me either on boards .. Not that im complaining :)

not complaining but cant get onto boards on the phone now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Happens to me on touch boards, m.boards is ok though. Except when the page starts to shake..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Happens to me on touch boards, m.boards is ok though. Except when the page starts to shake..

Touch is fine for me. No problems at all. Is your browser set to mobile?

On another note. Updated my BBC news and 8tracks apps today and both are huge improvments.

From my Optimus 7.

• Advertisement

Hey,

Is there a specific app for sending picture messages to any phone that people use?

I've 'WhatsApp' installed but this will only work to other smartphones :(

I've tried attaching a pic to my messages in 'messages' but keep getting "Can't send message Try Again"... it was suggested to
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    If you go into your list of apps there should be one called connection setup, it will reset your mms for you.
    but the only option I have here is to select O2 and it 'configures' my connections but MMS still doesnt work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

A good heads-up for everyone from the Windows Phone Blog:
    One last thing. Next week we’ll start delivering some model-specific “firmware” from handset makers, so don’t be alarmed if you receive an additional update notification on your phone. These updates are designed to activate new Windows Phone 7.5 features or improve your phone’s performance. Not everybody will receive or require one: It all depends on your country, carrier, and phone model.

It'll be interesting to see who'll get this and if there's anything new and cool in it. Who knows, maybe even tethering will get widespread support. Maybe. :)

Just got to play with the HTC titan im the shop :) god its a lovely device. Feels great in hand as well.

pixelation is no worse than Omnia 7 with pentile matrix. Its pretty good clarity. One of the girls that works with me even thought it was alot nicer than her iPhone 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just got to play with the HTC titan im the shop :) god its a lovely device. Feels great in hand as well.

pixelation is no worse than Omnia 7 with pentile matrix. Its pretty good clarity. One of the girls that works with me even thought it was alot nicer than her iPhone 4 :)

I was actually surprised by how huge it was. It'll be the Titan or the Nokia 800 for me. If the N9 wasn't a daft price and I was sure it'd get the FM radio activated that'd be in the running as well.

I was actually surprised by how huge it was. It'll be the Titan or the Nokia 800 for me. If the N9 wasn't a daft price and I was sure it'd get the FM radio activated that'd be in the running as well.

Its not that big if your used to a 4.3" screen. For my work mate it seemed huge as her hands were smaller than mine and shes used to using an iPhone 4 :)

She wouldnt be too techy. She thought the screen and camera quality were better. I tried explaining that the iPhone 4 has better screen for resolution. But she still thought the Titan has a better screen lol :)

It also had internet sharing. It was a vodafone model i was looking. Seemed to have a few extra menus for special HTC applications like attentive phones and other stuff.

Im quite impressed. Omnia 7 feels so cheap compared to it now :D

Theres a huge sense of power and quality on the handset. I was first worried about the huge screen but it wouldnt bother me really.

It has a 1600 mah battery on it. Lets hope that covers a good day. Still hope that HTC would start including larger batteries in their phones considering their still using LCD screens, making power consumption higher when screen is on.

The Radar didnt look that bad either as i expected.

I think it should have quite decent battery life as well considering its a 3.7" screen and has 1520 mah battery :) Didnt pay much attention to that though :) Was still a nice handset. Was very comfy to hold in hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm easily getting a full day out of the battery. Probably have about 35% by end of day on my Radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

It seems that mms is broken for everyone on o2 with a hd7 running mango. I called o2 about it and they tried resetting a few things on their side, but no joy.

M.boards.ie is still the best and quickest access for me, but as someone said it suffers from shaky screen on some pages (bizarre). Touch.boards.ie is brutally slow.

I have also found that AIBs new mobile website is partially broken on mango; I can view accounts but the menu drop down is blank. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

Got the update notification last night,
    have one of the german lg e900 on vodafone
    downloading now
    GOOD TIMES!!!

It seems that mms is broken for everyone on o2 with a hd7 running mango. I called o2 about it and they tried resetting a few things on their side, but no joy.

they reset my mms setting, asked me to power off/on and try 20mins later .... worked fine

M.boards.ie is still the best and quickest access for me, but as someone said it suffers from shaky screen on some pages (bizarre). Touch.boards.ie is brutally slow.

I have also found that AIBs new mobile website is partially broken on mango; I can view accounts but the menu drop down is blank. Shame.

touch.boards.ie works fine. Just doesnt display adds for me. It loads just like any other website to me.

Only site that is slow as hell and not pleasant to go on is touch.facebook.com

I think their just not optimized for IE9. Just like the rest of the world fails to keep up with the technology.

Were still running Windows XP RTM at work...and a system so old for sales that doesnt even have the ability to support the mouse...

I found a 'free ringtones' app yesterday, it has tones of ringtones that you can download for free.

anyone know if you can change the message tone to a non standard one?
    Theres no extra theme colors with Mango. As long time stated that Microsoft allows OEM's and Carriers to add extra colors they want.

Its quite easy to add extra ones if you can dev unlock your phone :)
    Tell me more ...

I found a 'free ringtones' app yesterday, it has tones of ringtones that you can download for free.

Theres no extra theme colors with Mango. As long time stated that Microsoft allows OEM's and Carriers to add extra colors they want.

Tell me more ...

If you have your phone unlocked to side load apps. You can find advanced system config app. It allows you to add different colour themes, ringtones and notification sounds + plus bits and bobs for other things that aren't allowed by default

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There is a 'Mango' theme colour now, or was that always there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

stevenmu wrote: »
    There is a 'Mango' theme colour now, or was that always there?

It was always there, they just changed the name!

invest4deepvalue.com

Tell me more ...

If you have your phone unlocked to side load apps. You can find advanced system config app. It allows you to add different colour themes, ringtones and notification sounds + plus bits and bobs for other things that aren't allowed by default
    sorry what's involved in unlocking the phone + how doesit affect future updates,...

• Advertisement

Tell me more ...

sorry what's involved in unlocking the phone + how doesit affect future updates,...

It doesn't :)

Its called a developers unlock. Leta you side load apps onto your phone. Have a search on the net. Best place to find out how to is on xda developers forum

Guys, is there a way to pin our ringtone&volume settings to the start screen? Any app for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Does Mango now support Sockets [SIP - VoIP etc]? I can't find any definitive info on this, just speculation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

RangeR wrote: »
    Does Mango now support Sockets [SIP - VoIP etc]? I can't find any definitive info on this, just speculation.
    Yes it does, I'm not sure of any apps that use it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

So is there anyone who has one of the german LG optimus 7's still waiting for the mango update? or am I the only one? :( I've tried forcing it about 50 times with no luck too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm still waiting too :(

So im just after plugging the phone into the PC and an update popped up.

Now im on meteor but my Omnia 7 is flashed with T-Mobile Mango Engineers Rom.

So not quite sure whats in the update yet. Just installing it now :)

Ive Internet Sharing Enabled as well, so if thats the update i wont even know lol

Will post the f/w version here after seeing as its not a OS update and just a f/w update by sammy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    So is there anyone who has one of the german LG optimus 7's still waiting for the mango update? or am I the only one? :( I've tried forcing it about 50 times with no luck too.

I got a couple of phones yesterday and they both updated to 7.5 today I'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

DupsTheKid wrote: »

Try debranding your phone?

http://www.lg-phones.org/tutorial-tips-how-to-debrand-lg-optimus-7.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Thanks Trev but I've tried that a few times. It still says carrier is Vodafone when I click on "about" in the settings. Think I'll just have to patiently wait.

Advertisement