Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Mango Released TODAY!!!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Thanks Trev but I've tried that a few times. It still says carrier is Vodafone when I click on "about" in the settings. Think I'll just have to patiently wait.

The only way to fully debrand your phone is to flash it with the Open firmware. You can do that with the link below. I flashed my firmware and got the Mango update.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935578

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

So im just after plugging the phone into the PC and an update popped up.

Now im on meteor but my Omnia 7 is flashed with T-Mobile Mango Engineers Rom.

So not quite sure whats in the update yet. Just installing it now :)

Ive Internet Sharing Enabled as well, so if thats the update i wont even know lol

Will post the f/w version here after seeing as its not a OS update and just a f/w update by sammy :)

New f/w

Firmware Revision 2424.11.9.4
    Hardware Revision 3.15.0.4
    Radio Version 2424.11.9.1
    Bootloader 5.9.3.0

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Phone says the update is avaiable now :)

However the bloody thing wont connect to any of my PC's now :mad::mad::mad:

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=da8734ed-666a-4227-81ea-8fc937752d98

Seems as navigon price went up as expected. From 65 to 86.49 :(

On other news farm frenzy 2 is the new game this week and its quite good :) used to play this on my 5800 years back :)

Baidu browser is also worth a shot :) quire a good UI. Nice browser in general. Though I can't say the same about performance. Loading times for web pages are quite long and the app sometimes freezes a bit in menu options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I have a HTC Radar that i actually won in a competition, I'm with Three and have been trying to get the Visual search working. No joy though, are there any settings i can mess about with?

• Advertisement

giftgrub wrote: »
    I have a HTC Radar that i actually won in a competition, I'm with Three and have been trying to get the Visual search working. No joy though, are there any settings i can mess about with?

Go into the settings -> region+language and change all your options there to English (United Kingdom), there's 4 to change. That should fix it for you

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Go into the settings -> region+language and change all your options there to English (United Kingdom), there's 4 to change. That should fix it for you

Going to give a go now... but I'm working so theres nothing like a book or DVD to use here to check it!!

AntiVirus wrote: »

Going to give a go now... but I'm working so theres nothing like a book or DVD to use here to check it!!

Google for a QR code or barcode image and try that

Tried changing the settings to UK but nothing happened....but it did work with the region set to US

Tried changing the settings to UK but nothing happened....but it did work with the region set to US

It should work fine in all regions it activated, it just not activated in Ireland

• Advertisement

Could do with some help on deciding which to chose.

HTC Titan or the Lumia 800 on this thread :)

Help appreciated

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Do you mean this thread? ;)

stevenmu wrote: »
    Do you mean this thread? ;)

Yes that thread :) thanks for the correction :D

Advertisement