Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China import question

Options
  • 27-09-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

My company always imports labels from a particular supplier in China. Usual estimated time is 58 days including production, this is usually no problem. But im caught cold with a large order and no stock!

Is there a faster way of shipping this freight from china than usual sea method (approx 30 days). Order weighs 1 Tonne approx. I know there's air but prices would be very high id imagine and would charge by the KG.

Can anyone assist, would be much appreciated.

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

1 tonne is a lot of labels.

Not sure but could part of it be done via air?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

I would say the first thing to do is ring a few companies and get an actual air freight price as opposed to speculating what it might be. Then at least you can make an informed decision.

I suppose, what you have to weigh up then is, how much damage would it do to your business not to be able to complete this order. Is it worth taking the hit on the freight cost this time to be able to keep the customer happy and ensure that you get a few more big orders from them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 goeast

ever considered buying labels closer than China?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi,

My company always imports labels from a particular supplier in China. Usual estimated time is 58 days including production, this is usually no problem. But im caught cold with a large order and no stock!

Is there a faster way of shipping this freight from china than usual sea method (approx 30 days). Order weighs 1 Tonne approx. I know there's air but prices would be very high id imagine and would charge by the KG.

Can anyone assist, would be much appreciated.

Rob

Hello Rob,

current airfreight rates ex China are around Us$ 3.00 per kg. Labels tend to be very dense, maybe possible to get slightly better.

There are also Sea/Air options, where the average transit time is around 15/17 days. It is a combination of sea (from China to Dubai) and Air (from Dubai to Ireland). At the moment there is not a great difference between regular air and sea/air.

Feel free to PM me if you need an exact quote

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement