Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Shower. Help Needed

• 27-09-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I've just installed a boiler stove and have now plenty of hot water in the copper cylinder. I want to install a mixer shower, or power shower using this hot water.

The house is a bungalow, and the cold water storage tank is sitting on the rafters. That means that by the time the water gets to the shower head, there would be about 1 and a half to 2 feet of flow. Will this be enough for a power shower, or would I have to install a seperate pump and a mixer valve instead.

The shower is about 20 feet away from the copper cylinder, but as it is, we have an electric shower there, and it works fine. But I'm just wondering if the hot water from the clyinder will have enough of a flow for a power shower to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

A self contained power shower such as the Triton AS2000xt would work fine.
    A mixer would require a seperate pump to give an adequate flow rate.
    You will have the same head pressure on the Hot & Cold as they are both fed from the cold water storage tank in the attic.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Thanks a lot. It has. didn't want to go spending the money, and then finding out it wouldn't work. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

No problem if you need anything further give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lobberjones

Best power shower on the market is aqualisa aquastream. It is also most expensive (cica €600). Best flow 18 ltr. Per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 deniseq

If your still looking have an aquastream to sell. This was bought as replacement for very old unit turned out its not the right fit according to electrician Its new in box never assembled. Bought online from UK can produce receipt, informed it's the best shower unit on market retails here for €550 +. Can deliver in north Dublin / city centre.

Short link: http://www.adverts.ie/2407346

• Advertisement
Advertisement