Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kraftech Chainsaw - Yes or No ?

• 27-09-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi

Hoping ye might be able to offer educated opinion for me.

I have been offered a Kraftech cs-5200e chainsaw for €140 - its brand new. Was bought for 399. I wouldnt be using it a lot - probably few days a year for cutting ash & beech, a maybe clearing up hedges etc.

Is it a good buy ?

Thanks, Rossie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

they are a heap of shi*e to say the least and also dangerous as the chain break does not stay working as for price they can be bought brand new for around 120 - 150 euro so how anbody parted with 399 is beyond me my advice LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Stick with the old reliable names and you can't go wrong. On saying that a lot of sellers on donedeal are trying to pass off a cheap useless German chainsaw as a stihl. Buy from your local dealer where you will get a guarantee and service ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Stick with the old reliable names and you can't go wrong. On saying that a lot of sellers on donedeal are trying to pass off a cheap useless German chainsaw as a stihl. Buy from your local dealer where you will get a guarantee and service ;)

~150 is the general new price of these saws not 399
    If it's second hand that price is still too high as it'll have
    no guarantee or backup.

Even if you go to Woodies there's McCulloch's for ~180
    (McCulloch is part of the Electrolux group that Husqvarna and Jonsered are)
    however a small Jonsered, Husqvarna or Stihl can be bought
    for 250-300 from a dealer with a guarantee for commercial use
    for 12 months and parts backup (the most important part) for a decade or more.

We have a strimmer from '98 and it's still supported for parts.

I actually bought one of these copies because I was stuck one
    weekend and the local hire shop wanted a 100 Euro however it was
    from my local Heaton Buckley's with a two year (domestic) warranty,
    it works well but is quite heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Thanks folks. All advice taken on board. I think i'll leave that saw where it is!!

Advertisement