Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillview Burglaries'

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Laptops are common thing to go and a hateful thing to lose. Get a safe big enough to hold your laptop, some are designed for it and either concrete it into a floor if you are in the process of building or else just bolt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

GIS A JOB wrote: »
    There is a white van going around Hillview/Congress Place/Gracedieu areas. There are at least two occupants, maybe three. They are knocking on doors asking if you want your gutters cleaned, but they are really sussing the place out. They are calling early in the morning or late in the evening, so beware, don't answer the door, have a look out sidefirst. Try to get the registration and tell the garda.
    if ya don't answer the door they will think nobody is there sure. Answer it and get a good description of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

decies wrote: »
    Email crimecall@garda.ie for crime prevention pack

I emailed them and the crime prevention pack is some PDF's and Word document on the dos & dont's of home protection. Most of it is common knowledge. I would not waste your time emailing them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

How do you know?

Call it a hunch. A hunch that i would put €100 on. C'mon, seriously, i mean who else could it be. I would say travellers at 1.5:1, east euro foreigners and general chavs at 3:1 and junkies at about 6:1

Don't go betting on those odds you obviously do not realise how much heroin has grasped this city, and I have being told by many people these guys and girls are robbing the town to get their next hit, I live up by the travellers in carrickphierish and tbh they don't cause much trouble so I think you may be blaming the wrong people on this occasion unless you got evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

How do you know?

Call it a hunch. A hunch that i would put €100 on. C'mon, seriously, i mean who else could it be. I would say travellers at 1.5:1, east euro foreigners and general chavs at 3:1 and junkies at about 6:1
    I would put it down to heroin as there are many in Waterford .someone tried to rob my father's pharmacy last week and only went in to get drugs not money only someone mashed from that stuff would go in look for drugs not find em and then not even try get money instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

seanybiker wrote: »
    Are ya mad. Fecking loads of heroin heads around town.

The only problems I ever heard about the people on that halting site is the horses down the back of hillview.

Sadly a lot of Ireland's major urban areas outside Dublin have developed a heroin problem.While there is a few criminal elements from the travelling community the fact that so many burglaries have been happening lately is probably because of smackheads looking for a fix.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Always remember One cartridge in the robber and then one in the cieling!

Fckn brilliant. If ya wound em outside make sure to drag them in the house before the peelers come! Give yerself a few scratches to validate the self defense claim you will have!

chelloveks wrote: »
    Fckn brilliant. If ya wound em outside make sure to drag them in the house before the peelers come! Give yerself a few scratches to validate the self defense claim you will have!

There's no ceilings outside pal hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Do you have the charity clothes collectors too?
    Ever notice they call around at ungodly early hours in the morning?

And possibly you'll see they leave the stickers hanging out of your letterbox, not pushed through.
    Call back a few days later and if the sticker is still hanging out, well they we have people away on holidays or so.

Been up myself one morning and my letterbox is on the wall but I saw my door handle move.
    Cheeky beggers, trying my door. As said in this thread, burglars are opportunistic, they go for the easy target.
    Have seem them walk up to every door along the road, having a right good suss around the place

Of course not all these clothes guys are burglars but there is an element and it hasn't been posted on this thread

It's the modern equivalent of "my cat was in your garden mister" when you challenge them

Good point mikemac.
    Getting the clothes bags every couple of weeks is crazy. I wouldn't fill one in a year let alone about 20 that we do get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Live in Hillview and had a guy call to the door who before I even opened the door was walking out of the garden, when I said hello he just turned and asked did I want my gutters cleaned but he was clearly uninterested. Seen the white van parked down the road also, although I have only seen this thread now.

Also I was out one day with the girlfriend and when we got back the side door had been opened and a half cinder block had been moved and it was on my step at the back door. It confused me at first but I suspect someone was going to use it too break the glass on the door but my house is on a hill and the house adjacent too mine at the back has a very clear view up into my garden which may have stopped them at the time.

A bit worrying to say the least!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

speaking of burglaries, Jaybees (the amish run petrol station on the road out to dunmore east) was robbed at knifepoint AGAIN during the week and according to the woman i know working there it was the same guy who robbed them only 1 or 2 months ago

Big Knox wrote: »
    Live in Hillview and had a guy call to the door who before I even opened the door was walking out of the garden, when I said hello he just turned and asked did I want my gutters cleaned but he was clearly uninterested. Seen the white van parked down the road also, although I have only seen this thread now.

Also I was out one day with the girlfriend and when we got back the side door had been opened and a half cinder block had been moved and it was on my step at the back door. It confused me at first but I suspect someone was going to use it too break the glass on the door but my house is on a hill and the house adjacent too mine at the back has a very clear view up into my garden which may have stopped them at the time.

A bit worrying to say the least!!
    I didn't see any van but I had a knock on the door during the week and I answered cos me mother is lazy.
    Answered the door to some stockyish chap. Asked me did I want any wood blocks for the fire. He was half turned around while I went to answer him and when I said we had some already he just muttered and walked off.
    Could have been genuine, I dunno. Stocky chap that was a tad cockeyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

I didn't see any van but I had a knock on the door during the week and I answered cos me mother is lazy.
    Answered the door to some stockyish chap. Asked me did I want any wood blocks for the fire. He was half turned around while I went to answer him and when I said we had some already he just muttered and walked off.
    Could have been genuine, I dunno. Stocky chap that was a tad cockeyed.

yeah same here sean only thing is i'm living in monvoy valley,tramore

stocky guy,kinda cock-eyed,one eye looking at you the other your house.
    was asked if i wanted turf or blocks (smoke billowing out of my chimney) i looked him straight in one of his eyes and told him 'i don't have a real fire,neither do most houses in this estate so don't bother wasting your time'

i then called in to my neighbours on either side of me and we stood outside to keep an eye on them just to kinda let them know we're not stupid and more importantly we look for each other around here-they weren't long about feckin off

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Golf club under the bed. If any scum bag gets into my house. I'll beat him to a pulp. This town is gone to the dogs. Just look at the amount of good for nothing chavs around the town any Saturday. I'm sick of these scum getting off scott free in the courts,.. so what if they had a hard childhood on their crappy estate or they have a drink problem or some other made up excuse. We all have problems. These scum need to do hard time. get the little tramps working on a chain gang fixing roads or something.

floyd333 wrote: »
    . These scum need to do hard time. get the little tramps working on a chain gang fixing roads or something.
    Chain gangs would be a great idea.

Needing for a pee boss.

Go for a pee boy.

Going for a pee boss.

That joke is crappy in text form. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Chain gangs would be a great idea.

Needing for a pee boss.

Go for a pee boy.

Going for a pee boss.

That joke is crappy in text form. :(