Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2011 - The Submissions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Mr Lastminute as ever, hope it's not over sharpened !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've just sent mine, just in case there is still space left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭rameire

Phew! Got there...just submitted. Let me know if there are any issues...and thanks for all your hard work guys and gals! :D

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Just sent mine there, talk about last minute. I'm a nightmare at making these type of decisions. Can't wait to see the book now and for the pints afterwards. Cheers to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Whoop there's been a flood of images over the last two days which is great :D

Still a few more to drop in so I'm sure we'll have everyone's by tomorrow morning - reserve spaces will be allocated at lunchtime tomorrow - if you are running late for some reason, send us an email or a PM.

It's gonna be a little bit good folks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Attached is the list confirming who we have received photos from. If your name is on the list and you have sent a photo and I don't have you marked down as received, please get in touch with us.

Anybody on the waiting list does not need to contact us yet.

Update: sorry folks, I missed a few. New list up soon

Update 2: now correct

Huh, Mr.Humberklog ... get your feckin' ass in gear :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

hi all,
    this isn't a complaint or anything, but i cant find any details on payment, has that been published someplace that i'm not seeing?? :)

oh BTW well done to the hard workers who are making this a reality - bravo!!!

:)

If anyone wants to pay by postal order, send us a PM and we will give you details for who to make it payble to/post it to.

If you want to send money via Paypal, this will have to be marked as a gift. Send a PM for the address please.

If anyone is around Sandyford area, I can meet to collect in person and if anyone else is in touch with others on the list, you are encouraged to collect and handover where possible! Payment date was set at the 16th October - which is next Sunday.

Please try and get them in as soon as you can. Apologies for late posting of info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Cork_girl wrote: »
    If anyone wants to pay by postal order, send us a PM and we will give you details for who to make it payble to/post it to.

If you want to send money via Paypal, this will have to be marked as a gift. Send a PM for the address please.

If anyone is around Sandyford area, I can meet to collect in person and if anyone else is in touch with others on the list, you are encouraged to collect and handover where possible! Payment date was set at the 16th October - which is next Sunday.

Please try and get them in as soon as you can. Apologies for late posting of info!

Thanks for the info.

Any news on who got bumped up from the reserve list?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info.

Any news on who got bumped up from the reserve list?

We will be confirming this shortly :)

Everybody on the waiting list is in. Please send in your photo if you haven't already done so.

There are still some spaces available so if anyone has missed out on the deadline but wants to be included - get image in with details asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

May I have address for postal order please

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

There are still some spaces available so if anyone has missed out on the deadline but wants to be included - get image in with details asap.

I'm new around here (Photography forum) so I missed all the info on this:( I don't suppose there is any space left to get in on this is there?

Cheers,
    Bren

maddog wrote: »
    I'm new around here (Photography forum) so I missed all the info on this:( I don't suppose there is any space left to get in on this is there?

Cheers,
    Bren

There are some spaces - send in your photo to boardsbook@gmail.com - need your name is(real) and boardsie nick, title and one liner. All details on payment posted above :-)

Pm sent to pixbyjohn also! Will reply to all outstanding Pm's first thing tomorrow - on my phone now, g'nite.

There are some spaces - send in your photo to boardsbook@gmail.com - need your name is(real) and boardsie nick, title and one liner. All details on payment posted above :-)

Pm sent to pixbyjohn also! Will reply to all outstanding Pm's first thing tomorrow - on my phone now, g'nite.

Awesome:D:D:D:D
    First thing tomorrow morning I'll submit my pic and payment:):);)

Cheers,
    Bren:)

I've sent emails to the following people about their submissions. Can you please get back to me urgently.

DeVore
    Jonnykitedude
    couscous007
    bernard0368
    trishw78

Thanks
    Darren

trishw78 wrote: »
    sent
    :confused:

• Advertisement

Not sure what you're trying to say there?

DarrenG wrote: »
    Not sure what you're trying to say there?

Me neither :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Heyo,

Spoke with the person running the Twitter account for the photobook last night. What're the image constraints for submission? File type, image size, file size etc? :-)

Rodg3 wrote: »
    Heyo,

Spoke with the person running the Twitter account for the photobook last night. What're the image constraints for submission? File type, image size, file size etc? :-)

Hey old man ;)
    Jpeg preferred, 300ppi if possible, aim to be larger than 1.5mb in size as an indicator.

Any image you choose after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Beautiful! Will try get one to you before lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 woollycat

I'd like to be on the reserve list please. Will send a pic this evening :)

• Advertisement

woollycat wrote: »
    I'd like to be on the reserve list please. Will send a pic this evening :)

Good stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

Can I be put on the reserve list for this too please? And, as I can't seem to find the link with a price on it, would someone mind posting it for me? (I'm blaming it on my .2MB connection speed.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Ok, payment now sorted and really looking forward to this now :D I would just like to voice my thanks to Cork Girl for all the great work she's putting in to organising things here :)

Can I be put on the reserve list for this too please? And, as I can't seem to find the link with a price on it, would someone mind posting it for me? (I'm blaming it on my .2MB connection speed.)

If you send in a photo this evening, you'll be in the book ;) Send an email with a high res photo to boardsbook@gmail.com with the following; title, blurb about your photo (you don't have to have one), name, username & website address (if you have one).

The book is €35.

Yayyyyy photo submitted:):)

Thanks guys and gals;)

• Advertisement

Price is €35 :) We need images as soon as possible, want to get the ball rolling!
    tororosso wrote: »
    Ok, payment now sorted and really looking forward to this now :D I would just like to voice my thanks to Cork Girl for all the great work she's putting in to organising things here :)
    Very welcome, nice to meet you :)
    maddog wrote: »
    Yayyyyy photo submitted:):)

Thanks guys and gals;)

Excellent! Gap is getting narrower and narrower, still some spaces so if anyone wants to be involved - do it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

Hello <3
    Just spoke to Cork_Girl and I understand this is for charity.. so I will submit an image later on tonight! :) My dad's birthday is coming up so I will get him a book and also i can advertise it on my page so maybe someone else will buy it too <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Could I be PM'd the postal order address? Thanks!

Done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Pic emailed

Is there a limit to how many copies I can order ? who/where/how do I pay ?

PCPhoto wrote: »
    Pic emailed

Is there a limit to how many copies I can order ? who/where/how do I pay ?

No limit whatsoever - the more you buy the more we can donate to the charity :)

Let me know if you'd like to pay by Paypal or postal order and I'll send you details.

Thanks PCPhoto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

paypal is best (but wont be paying this week ...no money !)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can I have the paypal details too please?
    Also I'm over in the UK so will that affect postage? Should I put a bit more in to cover any additional costs?

5uspect wrote: »
    Can I have the paypal details too please?
    Also I'm over in the UK so will that affect postage? Should I put a bit more in to cover any additional costs?

I'm just checking to see how they worked this last year - will be in touch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I've submitted & paid already.
    Is there any info available about:
    Is there a launch date & location?
    Do i get the book posted to me free or is that additional?
    How is it decided which photos go on which pages? Random?
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

No specific details about the launch yet. We are organising that as we speak. In relation to collections, we had many members from different part of the country who took books home to deliver. I can't see any problems with that again this year. For UK deliveries, depending on what part you're in I might be able to get them to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

are the spaces all gone? I'd like to submit if there's still a place to.

No, there are still a few spaces left. Send one in today if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LordTalbot

Sorry just been told about this now. Are there places left and if so, what specifications are there for the photo (size etc).

Thanks,

Christian

There a few spaces left. If you get a photo emailed to us this evening or tomorrow you should be in. The size should 3508 pixels X 2480 pixels max.

If you enter a photo you are committing to purchasing 1 copy of the book at €35 with all profits going to charity.

Email your photo to boardsbook@gmail.com with the title, blurb, username, real name & website.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

Just sent you guys mail with an image and details! :) Cheers !
    Nice idea peeps! x Dee x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Done :)

Me too - is a cheque OK (if not I can get a postal order tomorrow)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi. can you pm me the paypal details too please? (before I spend all my wages!)

Will Pm you tomorrow with posty address - cheque is grand too. On phone now and almost cross-eyed with tiredness!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Fair play to you, you're putting in a lot of work on this!

Advertisement