Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2011 - The Submissions

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

can you pm the details please for payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

pm payment deatils to me too please can also lodge if you want to conserve paypal payment amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

can you pm the details please for payment
    sheesh wrote: »
    pm payment deatils to me too please can also lodge if you want to conserve paypal payment amount.

PM sent with PayPal details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Not sure any of us are in town - could you lodge to a bank account? Or fancy a trip out on the ol' Jerry Lee to Sandyford?! :D
    I barely cross the Liffey!
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Can I get payment details please?

Details sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Payment confirmed by Paypal.
    Thanks to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hi all,

Launch date of the 26th of November is now confirmed :) Keep it free!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

November?

• Advertisement

Yes Saturday 26th November

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

DarrenG wrote: »
    Yes Saturday 26th November

:( probably wont make it so. Double sad face. :(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Payment sent for 2 Books.

Gaspode wrote: »
    :( probably wont make it so. Double sad face. :(:(

Ah boo! I'm sure there will be people who won't be able to make it - it's a pity. We will be posting a thread nearer to the time to figure out the best way of getting books to people. It worked well last year so fingers crossed it'll be the same this time around.

Boo though!

Hey all,

Payments are still missing for some books - a list of members who haven't yet paid will be put up later tonight. Rather than be publicly shamed for late payment, pay now quick!

Cheers :D

Is there a publicity blurb anywhere explaining what this is all about? I want to pimp the book on facebook/twitter/google+/in work/etc, see if I can get a few peeps to buy them.

• Advertisement

We are awaiting payment on the following people, some of whom have been in touch explaining the delay, which is ok - at least we have heard from them. Others we haven't heard from at all, so please get in touch for paypal details asap. We need to go to print guys..
    melekalikimaka
    pauld1 - has details
    artyeva - has details
    mushypea007 - has details
    tommyl2010 - has details
    AnimalRights - has details
    XiledSniper - has details
    homer_simpson - has details
    Sir Gallagher
    JD81- has details
    DougL - has details
    Queen Of Pots- has details

If your name is on the list and you've already paid - let us know. If you haven't paid and your name isn't on the list - please step forward and let us know!

Gaspode wrote: »
    Is there a publicity blurb anywhere explaining what this is all about? I want to pimp the book on facebook/twitter/google+/in work/etc, see if I can get a few peeps to buy them.

The About page of the Photobook Blog is what you're looking for! http://boardsphotobook.wordpress.com/about/

Go forth and pimp! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

PM sent there for details

I got a PayPal payment from Pamela Duggan just now. Could they PM me with your details as I don't have you on any of my lists.

Edit: got it sorted ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Need to get my name of the shame list - PM sent ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

The deed is done. I've sent payment through for two books.

Many thanks all. Oh and thank you Thonda for the 'Hall of Shame' tip off. Suppose tho I was amongst some good company :D

It's sitting tight with the others Phillip - cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The About page of the Photobook Blog is what you're looking for! http://boardsphotobook.wordpress.com/about/

Go forth and pimp! :D

I'm awaiting to pimp as well but don't know enough details yet.
    On the launch night is the general public invited?
    I know the date is Sat, 26th Nov, 8th but don't know the venue, will there be any 'public figures' speaking/launching it?
    From where can the public buy it?
    Will it be on sale in any bricks and motar stores? I could approach a local book store but I'm sure they'd want to see a copy of it first...

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm awaiting to pimp as well but don't know enough details yet.
    On the launch night is the general public invited?
    I know the date is Sat, 26th Nov, 8th but don't know the venue, will there be any 'public figures' speaking/launching it?
    From where can the public buy it?
    Will it be on sale in any bricks and motar stores? I could approach a local book store but I'm sure they'd want to see a copy of it first...

Cheers,
    Pa.

1. General public very welcome, just distributing press release + invitation now.
    2. Boards.ie founder and SFF chairman Tom Murphy (Devore) will launch the book.
    3. The book will be made available through Shakespeare Photobooks after the launch for general sale and a limited amount of extra copies can be bought on the night.
    4. It's not for sale in any bookshops for a very simple reason: we have no budget, so cannot prepay for extra copies. IF a bookstore if willing to keep a copy in house to show customers, we can try to make that work but we can't provide in store copies.

Oh and the venue is the Dublin Camera Club, same as last year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

And the launch is up on the Dublin Camera Club Website now as well. Plus I just sent them the link to the press release so hopefully they will add that.
    And Susanna, our current president, will include the launch in our weekly announcements during the meetings closer to the date.
    So hopefully we get even more people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Sorry I have been offline for a while, is the paypl option still open? If so can someone PM me the deatails. I want to order 2 books :)

toe_knee wrote: »
    Sorry I have been offline for a while, is the paypl option still open? If so can someone PM me the deatails. I want to order 2 books :)

PM sent!

We are awaiting payment on the following people, some of whom have been in touch explaining the delay, which is ok - at least we have heard from them. Others we haven't heard from at all, so please get in touch for paypal details asap. We need to go to print guys..
    melekalikimaka
    pauld1 - has details
    artyeva - has details
    mushypea007 - has details
    tommyl2010 - has details
    AnimalRights - has details
    XiledSniper - has details
    homer_simpson - has details
    Sir Gallagher
    JD81- has details
    DougL - has details
    Queen Of Pots- has details

If your name is on the list and you've already paid - let us know. If you haven't paid and your name isn't on the list - please step forward and let us know!

List updated - if you're on it - get off it now please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

sNarah wrote: »
      General public very welcome, just distributing press release + invitation now.

Hi,
    Could you send on the press release so I can use some blurbs etc from it when trying to promote to friends, colleagues etc?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

List updated - if you're on it - get off it now please :D

Just sent payment... ta for the patience ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Payment sent, should get it straight away. Sorry about the delay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

How many payments are still outstanding? Can we finally go into print or do we have to postpone the launch?

More payments in - will update list soon. Still waiting on some, disappointing.

Must go to print on Monday or books won't be ready for launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Damokc

anymore news on the book?

The book is with the printers at the moment :)

Yup! We've gone to print!!

Now need to get the book launch organised - we're having a fundraising raffle so if anyone wants to offer prizes - would be hugely appreciated!

If anyone has contacts in the media - please shout! Want to get the word out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Hey Cork_Girl,

As a result of this thread I have an extra €200 to throw into the pot, should I just Paypal it to Darren or will I give it to you as a bank draft* (*novelty size optional) on the night of the launch?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Hey Cork_Girl,

As a result of this thread I have an extra €200 to throw into the pot, should I just Paypal it to Darren or will I give it to you as a bank draft* (*novelty size optional) on the night of the launch?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Ah you're a star! That's really super :)

It's up to you how you would like to donate it but we will certainly be looking for a massive round of applause for your kindness and fantabulous decision to donate to the SSF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I meant to row in here sooner, other things always getting in the way. Your (rather modest!) AW Campaign served around 2,000 impressions thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Arciphel wrote: »
    Hey Cork_Girl,

Thanks,
    Paul.

♥♥♥♥♥
    That's all/

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Ok who was asking me about my motorbike photo on launch night? Because now I remember where it was taken..... if that helps :o

Aaaannnnnd if you look at my widget below you can follow and see the same picture unedited - spot the difference! :P

Just to draw attention to ongoing discussion on collection/postage of these books - deadline 30th March to arrange
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement