Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Have you scanned euro bird 28.5 also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Have you scanned euro bird 28.5 also?

hmmm, no just astra 2A

On my satellite list I don't have eurobird 28.5

Just have Eurobirds 9A, 1 and 3

Uriel. wrote: »
    hmmm, no just astra 2A

On my satellite list I don't have eurobird 28.5

Just have Eurobirds 9A, 1 and 3

Sorry just realised eurobird 1 is 28.5 :o

Yep have that in now. didn't notice any difference.

Though I now have BBC1 and BBC 1 wales in HD. No BBCHD or "normal" BBC1HD.
    Could live without those if I could get the "now and next" function working on more than the terrestrial and channel4 channels

facepalm.

after 2 hours scanning, rescanning and general messing around trying to figure out why the EPG now and next was only showing for about 10 channels, I hit standby turning off the box and turned it back on.... boom problem solved.... grrr if only I did that earlier :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

Sorry just realised eurobird 1 is 28.5 :o

Yep have that in now. didn't notice any difference.

Though I now have BBC1 and BBC 1 wales in HD. No BBCHD or "normal" BBC1HD.
    Could live without those if I could get the "now and next" function working on more than the terrestrial and channel4 channels

You do not need to scan Eurobird 28.5

Most of the stations on 28.5 are already on 28.2 - so you are only doubling/repeating stations. There are only a very few stations on 28.5 that are not on 28.2 like Sky Sports 2 HD (I think) but I suggest you only scan in the Transponder for these stations, not the full sat.

iba wrote: »
    You do not need to scan Eurobird 28.5

Most of the stations on 28.5 are already on 28.2 - so you are only doubling/repeating stations. There are only a very few stations on 28.5 that are not on 28.2 like Sky Sports 2 HD (I think) but I suggest you only scan in the Transponder for these stations, not the full sat.

Too late:o

Wasted a few hours deleting the duplicates as you said. But almost back to having a proper channel list now. Didn't see Sky Sports, but don't have a card so no matter anyway.

Is BBC HD gone do you know and just BBC1HD now? I have BBC1HD but not BBCHD

Thanks for all your help!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

BBC HD is now BBC 1 HD so you should have BBC 1 and 2 HD

Too late:o

Wasted a few hours deleting the duplicates as you said. But almost back to having a proper channel list now. Didn't see Sky Sports, but don't have a card so no matter anyway.

Is BBC HD gone do you know and just BBC1HD now? I have BBC1HD but not BBCHD

Thanks for all your help!:)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

BBC NEWS = ASTRA 2A 10818 V 22000

BBC ONE HD = ASTRA 2A 10847 V 22998

BBC TWO HD = ASTRA 2A 10847 V 22998

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

This site lists all FTA stations. Any recent changes are marked in red.

Anyone else got issues with recording 'timed' programmes off the radio?

Could somebody please record something from the radio (satellite) and see what happens!

Maybe its just my machine?

• Advertisement

Only noticed now but a new firmware update came out on 2 April:

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Only noticed now but a new firmware update came out on 2 April:

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

Any noticeable changes in the update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Any noticeable changes in the update?

From Ferguson;
    - Significant improvement in the stability of receiver operating* - Customize the functions of the new platform FastScan nC +*
    - A new service to display the results of the last ten games of the Internet*
    - Improving the device on and off at scheduled recordings*
    - Extended base supports high-definition TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭saorviewseeker

NUTZZ wrote: »
    From Ferguson;

Does it now name the actual scheduled recording rather than the previous recording as it currently does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Has gone any tips on getting it back.
    Many thanks in advance.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Has gone any tips on getting it back.
    Many thanks in advance.

Scan transponder 10714 22000 H

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=no&aff=zap

Sorry how do I do this:confused:

Sorry how do I do this:confused:

Go into the menu and then transponder list - I think its in the second tab and about the 3rd from th ebottom. Then add in the transponder and scan - I think its the blue button to scan and the green button to add - the screen will tell you which buttons to press

Cheers for that.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that.

Did you get it to work?

Just did it its very high up will have edit or delete channels to get it down with the rest.
    Again many thanks.
    What if I added all the other transponders, would I get more channels.

Anyone else had a go at doing what I suggested in #1011 (recording a radio programme using the timer)?

I'm still having probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just did it its very high up will have edit or delete channels to get it down with the rest.
    Again many thanks.

Yea you'll get a lot more channels, most of them are rubbish though. And you will only get channels from the birds that are in the 25-32 degrees east range, as your dish is not capable of pulling in others, unless its motorised.

Again many thanks.

You dont need to add any transponders.

The reason I advised adding the one for Channel 4 is because you said you did not have channel 4 any more. So I guessed that either you deleted channel 4 or deleted the transponder for channel 4 or channel 4 moved to a different transponder.

I would guess that 98% of all the other transponders are already programmed into Astra 28.2 (Astra 2A) - If you are missing lots of other stations then you could do a factory reset and do a Preset Scan or a blind scan on Astra 28.2 (Astra 2A) again.

If you are still missing channels, it could mean your dish is not aligned right.

Yea you'll get a lot more channels, most of them are rubbish though. And you will only get channels from the birds that are in the 25-32 degrees east range, as your dish is not capable of pulling in others, unless its motorised.

Im sorry but I dont think on his dish with one LNB he can pick up other sats. He most certainly cannot pick up sat 26 and there is no sat at 25 nor indeed at 27, 29, 31 or 32.

He does not need to add other transponders and needs only Astra 28.2

• Advertisement

LordSutch wrote: »
    Anyone else had a go at doing what I suggested in #1011 (recording a radio programme using the timer)?

I'm still having probs.

Cant help. I never use the radio nor record radio or TV.

Surely somebody can give it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

I'm missing bbc3 and 4 from list here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

I went to Installation --> TP List --> Found frequency 10818 MHz V and clicked ok but it seemed to search every frequency and I still can't find that channel.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bryan23

I went to Installation --> TP List --> Found frequency 10818 MHz V and clicked ok but it seemed to search every frequency and I still can't find that channel.

Any suggestions?
    Hi have u updated ur box I had the same problem and one of the people on here sent me the update and channel list once I updated it I had them back hope this helps

Thanks bryan.

If anyone has that channel list can they share it but it would still be useful to know if you can add 1 channel on it's own.

• Advertisement

Try again after 7pm, they don't broadcast before then.

Any suggestions?

Thanks bryan.

If anyone has that channel list can they share it but it would still be useful to know if you can add 1 channel on it's own.

I doubt that you can ever add one channell on its own because most transponder usually has a minimum of a few channels.

Still haven't had a chance to do a scan after 7. I seem to always have something recording.

I'm not able to search on one transponder it searches every transponder.

Should be set to transponder "TP" scan

I'm not able to search on one transponder it searches every transponder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I picked up one of the cheap Silvercrest 10 in 1 Remotes at the weekend. It has various codes for Ferguson Sat boxes, but none seem to work for me.

Has anyone else tried it? Is it just me? I'm beginning to think I should give in and replace my broken Logitech remote with another from the logitech range...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

mjsmyth wrote: »
    I picked up one of the cheap Silvercrest 10 in 1 Remotes at the weekend. It has various codes for Ferguson Sat boxes, but none seem to work for me.

Has anyone else tried it? Is it just me? I'm beginning to think I should give in and replace my broken Logitech remote with another from the logitech range...

Well I have the Silvercrest and a Logitech. Had the Silvercrest all set up & working. Its a beast of a job requiring a lot of patience, especially when I compared it to the Logitech. With the Logitech, you just connect it to the Logitech site & load the firmware. Thats soooooo easy compared to the Silvercrest. Amazon.co.uk have a pretty good selection of Harmony remotes.

mjsmyth wrote: »

Try this thread - see post 15

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75931438

or here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73930610

LordSutch wrote: »
    Anyone else got issues with recording 'timed' programmes off the radio?

Could somebody please record something from the radio (satellite) and see what happens!

Maybe its just my machine?

Could record the radio without any hitches.

Tony wrote: »
    Should be set to transponder "TP" scan

Sorry Tony. Can't see any setting like that. I'm using firmware V2.17B3. Could it be an extra setting that was introduced?

If not could you tell me where I'd find that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

TP scan is a basic feature of practically every satellite receiver.

You'll find 'TP list' in the Ariva 120 installation menu: select the appropriate satellite & the tp frequency you want to search will more than likely be listed already. If it isn't, you can add it to the list.

• Advertisement

I have found that already Peter but my problem is that it scans every transponder rather than the one I select as in post #1029.

Sorry Tony. Can't see any setting like that. I'm using firmware V2.17B3. Could it be an extra setting that was introduced?

Go to menu
    Go right one page
    scroll down to 'TP List'

Sorry I don't have a 120 here but its in section 11.6 of the manual which you can get here http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/manual_EN.pdf/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I think I'll just get a replacement Logitech! Thanks for the links.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

I have found that already Peter but my problem is that it scans every transponder rather than the one I select as in post #1029.

Is 'network search' set to 'no' in the TP search options window, before you begin the search?

I don't have a 120 btw, just going by the manual.

Good point

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Is 'network search' set to 'no' in the TP search options window, before you begin the search?

I don't have a 120 btw, just going by the manual.

Appreciate the attempts.

I set Network Search to No but now I'm left with only the new channels and all previous channels are gone. I'll have to do a full scan and reorganise my channels again.

I would have expected it would just add them at the end again but apparently not.

It should do

I would have expected it would just add them at the end again but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

still having trouble with tuning in certain channels in the 11.XXXX range such as showcase or those above it. tried it on two boxes in two different houses and both would not tune in showcase or Pick TV. keeps saying no signal. signal strenght is 43% and quality 10% showing on both set ups.. every other satellite is fine. I changed the parameters as recommended previously but this didnt work.
    Software version is the 2nd updated version.(havent updated to newer version as other than that issue box is working perfect).

• Advertisement

still having trouble with tuning in certain channels in the 11.XXXX range such as showcase or those above it. tried it on two boxes in two different houses and both would not tune in showcase or Pick TV. keeps saying no signal. signal strenght is 43% and quality 10% showing on both set ups.. every other satellite is fine. I changed the parameters as recommended previously but this didnt work.
    Software version is the 2nd updated version.(havent updated to newer version as other than that issue box is working perfect).

Pick TV on Astra 28 is on 12207 27500 V
    Showcase is 11344 27500 H

Advertisement