Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I have the frequencies. its just they cannot tune them in for some reason. says signal level is too weak, yet they are tuneable in a sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭iba

I have the frequencies. its just they cannot tune them in for some reason. says signal level is too weak, yet they are tuneable in a sky box.

So you receive this Pick Tv and Showcase with your Sky Box?

The tuners in the sky box are perhaps better tuners.

Put on another station eg BBC1 and see if the signal quality and strength match on each box i.e. your Ariva and your Sky Box.

And are both boxes getting there signal from the same LNB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hi has anybody got the latest firmware list and channel list as well, I think i messed it up also it wont play AVI or MKV files any more will this fix it.

Many thanks in advance

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hi has anybody got the latest firmware list and channel list as well, I think i messed it up also it wont play AVI or MKV files any more will this fix it.

Many thanks in advance

Obviously the latest f/w is availale from the manufacturers website:

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

I DL that link to usb put it in and now have lost everything stuck in menu mode,any time i try to exit it says no channels. HELP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I DL that link to usb put it in and now have lost everything stuck in menu mode,any time i try to exit it says no channels. HELP

Did you add a channel list or search on astra 28.2?

I cant get out of the menu, I did delete all the channels first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You need to do a channel search or re load via USB from a channel list.

I cant get out of the menu, I did delete all the channels first.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Do you know where i can get a channel list online.

Bump

• Advertisement

Bump

I'll upload mine in a couple of minutes for you.

Cheers thanks

Here's a link to my channel list.

http://db.tt/Sx94ShdF

Thank you again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Here's a link to my channel list.

http://db.tt/Sx94ShdF

Hi.

Is there any chance that you could upload it again or if Hootanany could upload a copy of your channel list.

When i go to the the link it says there is no file.

thanks.

Sorry I just got it of that link I dont know how I can upload from my stick to you.
    If you tell me how I will do it for you no bother HTH.

Mediafire.com is pretty handy for this you just drag the file onto the uploader then copy the link the provide back here.

Hope this helps

Sorry I just got it of that link I dont know how I can upload from my stick to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Tony wrote: »
    Mediafire.com is pretty handy for this you just drag the file onto the uploader then copy the link the provide back here.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help. At 4mb is it too big to add the file as an attachment to a post on here?

If you can get it up on mediafire let me know.

I have to head to croker now so it will probably be Monday before I get back near the box. I've got most of the channels in order but it takes time. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I've got an ariva 120 and none of the channels are showing on it, satellite or terrestrial. I know the connections are good because the other box I have works perfect when hooked up there. It seems to crash when I adjust the dvbt power on/off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭polaris68

I've got an ariva 120 and none of the channels are showing on it, satellite or terrestrial. I know the connections are good because the other box I have works perfect when hooked up there. It seems to crash when I adjust the dvbt power on/off

The hdmi output failed on my 120. Check and see if you can display the signal via a scart cable.

• Advertisement

polaris68 wrote: »
    The hdmi output failed on my 120. Check and see if you can display the signal via a scart cable.

I'm using scart at the moment. I can see everything on the screen (menus etc) but it says no signal on the channel and it shows no reception on the bars in the satellite menu

If memory serves there was a glitch in the software sometime ago where DVBT power was actually LNB power, I wonder if this is part of your issue?

I'm using scart at the moment. I can see everything on the screen (menus etc) but it says no signal on the channel and it shows no reception on the bars in the satellite menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

It seems to crash when I adjust the dvbt power on/off

Why are you turning the DVB-T power on & off? (Presume this is the 5v for an aerial amplifier.)

Tony wrote: »
    If memory serves there was a glitch in the software sometime ago where DVBT power was actually LNB power, I wonder if this is part of your issue?

I've tried it with one on and the other off, both on and both off, but it makes no difference :(

Why are you turning the DVB-T power on & off? (Presume this is the 5v for an aerial amplifier.)

Just for testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

You are using a Single LNB ?

Have you some mad sort of diseqc mode switched on ?

Have you selected 28.2 in your satellite list and LNB1 in setup ?

That is your issue. Choosing the 5v phantom power in the DVB-T menu wouldnt cause these issues anyhow.

STB wrote: »
    You are using a Single LNB ?

Have you some mad sort of diseqc mode switched on ?

Have you selected 28.2 in your satellite list and LNB1 in setup ?

That is your issue. Choosing the 5v phantom power in the DVB-T menu wouldnt cause these issues anyhow.

There is a quad lnb on the dish but the cable is connected directly to it and it runs straight into the receiver, no disceqc switches

There is a quad lnb on the dish but the cable is connected directly to it and it runs straight into the receiver, no disceqc switches

I was talking about the box. In the setup do you have LNB1 picked for 28.2 with the heart symbol ? You dont have diseqc mode switched on do you ?

I was talking about the box. In the setup do you have LNB1 picked for 28.2 with the heart symbol ? You dont have diseqc mode switched on do you ?

I have the Disceqc settings switched to off and 28.2 selected as well. The terrestrial channels aren't working either, it's not just the satellite. Might be something terminal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Smokie399

I have the Disceqc settings switched to off and 28.2 selected as well. The terrestrial channels aren't working either, it's not just the satellite. Might be something terminal :(

Sounds like more of a software issue,

Well if the heart is on 28.2 and its set to LNB1 and assuming your dish, lnb cables are in order it can only be a software issue. Has this box ever worked ?

Upgrade the firmware from here.

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/A120Combo_2.18B8.zip/

Unzip the .abs file from it to a usb stick/device. Plug it into the usb ort on the front of the box. Go and do an upgrade by USB, choose allcode+bootloader and down to start, let it flash. Box will reboot. Choose 28.2 with the love heart and rescan.

Well if the heart is on 28.2 and its set to LNB1 and assuming your dish, lnb cables are in order it can only be a software issue. Has this box ever worked ?

Upgrade the firmware from here.

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/A120Combo_2.18B8.zip/

Unzip the .abs file from it to a usb stick/device. Plug it into the usb ort on the front of the box. Go and do an upgrade by USB, choose allcode+bootloader and down to start, let it flash. Box will reboot. Choose 28.2 with the love heart and rescan.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help but unfortunately I've just tried that there now to no avail. My guess is that it's some kind of power problem, where it's not outputting the power to the antenna and dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Smokie399

Thanks for taking the time to try and help but unfortunately I've just tried that there now to no avail. My guess is that it's some kind of power problem, where it's not outputting the power to the antenna and dish.

Doubtful it's a power problem as the terrestrial channels should still be working if this was the case,output power is only required for the lnb on dish and not for UHF aerial,just a faulty receiver by the sounds of it,

Smokie399 wrote: »
    Doubtful it's a power problem as the terrestrial channels should still be working if this was the case,output power is only required for the lnb on dish and not for UHF aerial,just a faulty receiver by the sounds of it,

My aerial requires power as well. If I turn off the power output on my terrestrial only box then no signal is received by that either. I might give splitting the terrestrial cable a go, and use the good box as the power source for the aerial

My aerial requires power as well. If I turn off the power output on my terrestrial only box then no signal is received by that either. I might give splitting the terrestrial cable a go, and use the good box as the power source for the aerial

So the aerial you are using is an active indoor aerial ?

Well then the dvb-t power would be required to be on with that aerial connected directly to the Ferguson Box for it to work.

What is the source of this Ferguson box ?

Did it ever work ?

• Advertisement

So the aerial you are using is an active indoor aerial ?

Well then the dvb-t power would be required to be on with that aerial connected directly to the Ferguson Box for it to work.

What is the source of this Ferguson box ?

Did it ever work ?

Just double checked it and it doesn't require power, I don't know why I had it in my head that it did. I guess it's for the bin so. Thanks for all yere help, while in vain it was very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

AVI is a 'wrapper' for the video.
    The video is in a 'format' determined by the codec.
    There is a list of supported video codecs in the manual ... don't have it to hand presently, but it was referenced earlier in the thread.

You process the AVI file to change the video to a supported format.
    You do so on your computer.
    What application you use to do that is dependent on your operating system.
    Some suggestions for Windows were also given earlier in the thread ...... sorry I don't use Windows so cannot advise what app is most suitable.

EDIT: Sorry ...... maybe the info is in the main Ariva 120 thread :(

I've been looking for information on how to take a movie file and play on the Ariva. The Ariva says codex not supported when I copy and insert a usb with a movie.

I've tried .avi files. The audio works, video codex not supported.

Is there any windows 7 software that definitely doesn't contain malware that can convert into something that can play on the Ariva? The Avira manual says..

"Video files containers: AVI, MKV, MPEG, MPG, VOB, TS, TRP, MP4,
    DVR (default record format)
    |
    |-> video codec supported in containers: mpeg2, H.264 (up to 8 RF)
    |-> audio codec supported in containers: MP3, AC3
    "

(I searched for a good while but didn't find).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

travist wrote: »
    I've been looking for information on how to take a movie file and play on the Ariva. The Ariva says codex not supported when I copy and insert a usb with a movie.

Is there any windows 7 software that definitely doesn't contain malware that can convert into something that can play on the Ariva? The Avira manual says..

|
    "

WinFF
    Handbrake

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_converters

|
    "

Format Factory. Free Easy to use.

The Ariva 120 plays MKV's and MP4s, anything that is a MPEG4 H264 codec. It does not support DivX.

The 150/250 range does.

Anybody got an up to date sky channel list for this box?

*mods feel free to delete if this is against forum rules.

• Advertisement

Anybody got an up to date sky channel list for this box?

*mods feel free to delete if this is against forum rules.

Its not against the rules, but alas I dont have one for you. I make my own using the editor but I have more sats than just Astra 28

iba wrote: »
    Its not against the rules, but alas I dont have one for you. I make my own using the editor but I have more sats than just Astra 28

The ariva120 editor or one online?

The ariva120 editor or one online?

the ariva120 editor - you can get it here:

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

iba wrote: »

Started to compile a list the other night using that, it was taking forever so I just sorted my most watched. Was hoping I could find someone with a list already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

|
    "

I like X-Media Recode. It converts just about anything to just about anything.
    http://www.xmedia-recode.de/download.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

X-Media Recode
    I like X-Media Recode. It converts just about anything to just about anything.
    http://www.xmedia-recode.de/download.html
    Using that programm for 3 years now, never gave me any troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Got a 120 yesterday, quite happy with it so far.
    Uploaded a channel list, if anyone gets stuck. It's not yet finished but might help some people here. (Mind you, RTÉs are from Truskmore, Sligo, and ch.53)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Can you upload it to some other site? Tried to download and its making me download some dodgy .exe file - list15.rar.exe - its throwing warnings all over the shop

Can you upload it to some other site? Tried to download and its making me download some dodgy .exe file - list15.rar.exe - its throwing warnings all over the shop

Are you sure you're clicking on the right link? Sometimes I find that some of those sites have 'fake' links on the same page that look like your file, but they are in fact dodgy advertising

I have just lost all my Chanel's Why?

• Advertisement
Advertisement