Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my rights?

Options
  • 27-09-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I recently decided to enrol for a course in beauty therapy which is part taught and part home study in the UK. I paid a substantial amount for this course (10 000 pounds) and have attended 5 days of the training and done the home study bit of the course and I am really dissatisfied with the course as a whole.

Reason being is that the course content is a load of rubbish and not in depth at all. In fact some of the units covered are bullet points that are all listed the brochure for the course ie. the brochure has the same amount of info/content as the actual class tuition. so I have gained nothing more than if I read the pamphlet advertising material for this course.

Is there any body in the UK that regulates courses and distance education? I have asked for my money back but the beauty school don't seem too keen. I wouldn't mind paying something towards the course as I did attend it, but ten thousand is extortion considering the poor content.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I recently decided to enrol for a course in beauty therapy which is part taught and part home study in the UK. I paid a substantial amount for this course (10 000 pounds) and have attended 5 days of the training and done the home study bit of the course and I am really dissatisfied with the course as a whole.

Reason being is that the course content is a load of rubbish and not in depth at all. In fact some of the units covered are bullet points that are all listed the brochure for the course ie. the brochure has the same amount of info/content as the actual class tuition. so I have gained nothing more than if I read the pamphlet advertising material for this course.

Is there any body in the UK that regulates courses and distance education? I have asked for my money back but the beauty school don't seem too keen. I wouldn't mind paying something towards the course as I did attend it, but ten thousand is extortion considering the poor content.
    Because of the amount involved the european small claims court is not an option, you should really seek legal advice but getting money back is unlikely as with such meagre course content it is more likely a scam course?

Advertisement