Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do dogs snore?

• 27-09-2011 9:26pm

just wondering, my lad (springer) snores like a train!!
    i think its cute but my mam reckons dogs dont snore and maybe there is something wrong with him.

i think he's grand, but just wanted to check to be sure!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Mine snores like a train!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

snores and farts all the time,and shes a lady!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

My Westie snores like a train! In fact, he and I took turns snoring the other night, OH had to move to the spare room :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Springer , Westie snoring ? Pfffttt , ya haven't heard a dog snore till you've heard my Wolfhound !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

We have one of those too!

She's a boxer and we can hear her snoring downstairs when we're all in bed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Absolutely. She seems to have dreams too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

I have one of those snoring and farting ladies as well!

She's no lady in that department! If I'm not awoken at least once a night with the snoring, I'll be awoken when the windows rattle with a fart! :D:rolleyes:

I think I'd be more worried if my dogs didn't snore! I dont think I've ever owned one who's a silent sleeper!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Mine is deadly. He sleeps in the kitchen underneath our room & we can hear him every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

my staffie snores like nothing ive ever heard. and constantly kicks in her sleep! one day im gonna kick her back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oh yes, snores loudly

Seems to be dreaming too, she acts like she is running, I suspect the border collie is dreaming of rounding up sheep

Then she runs too hard and wakes herself up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

My lab snores like a whole station of trains. Depends on body position during the night but when he's on a roll our windows are shaking in frames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Yup - snoring, dribbling 15 year old jack russell and snoring, farting 1 year old jack russell... what I'd give for a full nights sleep....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I can hear my Springer and the eldest Jack all over the house, the other 2 are very quiet sleepers. The springer also seems to dream a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dshamrock2000

mine snores and blows her nose at me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

i have 2 border collies and the snore really loudly! & as for the farts out of them, they are unreal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Snoring, man oh man Buddy my Rottie snores so louds its outrageous, that said he's sleeping soundly now, not a noise oh wait except the odd "pffft" :o then the stink LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My Westie doesn't snore but she does chase birds in her sleep alternating between running and letting high pitched squeeks out of her (dreaming about barking :D), never seem to have a camera handy to record it when it happens. She did it every morning in spring at sun-up when we had birds nesting in the attic and the babies started asking for breakfast. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You need to get yourself a boxer and you'll really know that a dog snoring is normal. Snoring, farting, slobbering, drooling, she's such a lady!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My two sometimes snore, often have dreams and kick their legs etc, but one talks in his sleep too, I mean woofs, growls, whines, the lot.
    Its very funny to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

mine snores aswell and kicks. also farts and belches in your face...she's such a lady!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Back when I had 3 dogs, the little bungalow I lived in used to rattle in the evenings! the worst offender was a little 12/13 year old JRT! she could be heard through the old foot thick walls in the house!:rolleyes:
    my collie x does really delicate little snores and then will suddenly let out a really loud one and wake himself up, which is very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Mine snores, barks and runs in his sleep all the time.. Not as bad as this fellah though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

My Westie doesn't snore but she does chase birds in her sleep alternating between running and letting high pitched squeeks out of her (dreaming about barking :D), never seem to have a camera handy to record it when it happens. She did it every morning in spring at sun-up when we had birds nesting in the attic and the babies started asking for breakfast. :rolleyes:

My Westie does that too, his whole body shakes when he's squeaking and his paws are flying! Likewise, I've never got the camera out on time. Never associated it with the birds, we've got geese coming in off the river at the moment landing in the field behind us, he's relentless in trying to catch them lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Mine snores like a train ( Luke right now!) and runs and woofs in her sleep too! Very funny to watch! You re getting off lightly with the just snoring!! It's like having a bad boyfriend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My terrier snores too. My friend's mastiff has a very genteel snore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ellie (Rottie) sounds like a mining crew. She is at it right now. I've gone so far as to role her on her side, call her, wake her, etc. Now i'm considering therapy. :D

Sam (Jack Russell) is quite as a mouse. Small blessings.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

fifib wrote: »
    mine snores aswell and kicks. also farts and belches in your face...she's such a lady!!

Our terrier cross (mongrel) belches and farts too but she doesn't snore. Our cocker snores loudly but doesn't fart or belch.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ohmfg

The Sheps don't snore at all, they are very quiet sleepers but the CKC, oh lordy!!
    She would lift the roof!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

He he he I think we got off lightly so :D Juno snores with her eyes open, which is disconcerting...... Also she does fart but it's the silent but deadly type, you never know she's done it until she leaves the room unexpectedly and about 30 seconds later you smell the reason why!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Melion wrote: »
    You need to get yourself a boxer and you'll really know that a dog snoring is normal. Snoring, farting, slobbering, drooling, she's such a lady!

Ditto

My fella also blows air through his lips when he's asleep so he sounds like a horse whineying (sp?)

Advertisement