Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do dogs snore?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

They most def do snore... my cocker snoring is really bad now he's six.... he also runs in his sleep and whines....

he's a noisey little bugger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Slightly off topic, but still on the sleeping side of it...

My new puppy Izzy was just having a nightmare/bad dream.... the kind where they cry like mad while asleep, Buddy was awake and out the back garden, he just came sprinting back into the sitting room and gave me a look as if to say did you touch her... He then gave her a little kiss and went back to whatever he was doing out the back LOL

Arent dogs just great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Flint (Springer) is only 18mths old - Dear God - I thought himself was bad until I heard the dog! - Sweet Jeebus! :eek: He also "talks" and whines in his sleep! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Do trains snore?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

My fella has woken the house before with his snoring - like a grown man after a rake of drink.

He's a real softie and jessie, but in his dreams he must think he's some kind of uber macho man : lots of snarling, teeth baring, running and (trying to put this politely) once seemed to be dreaming there was lady dog with him:eek::o
    Couldn't look him in the eye for a few days after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

My Springer snores too. And he must dream a good bit too his legs move like he's running!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

merengueca wrote: »
    (trying to put this politely) once seemed to be dreaming there was lady dog with him:eek::o
    Couldn't look him in the eye for a few days after that.

that made me chuckle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Our Rottie snores, farts and drools in his sleep, he's lovely! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Ive 2 boxers here beside me both snoring although the younger one is like a train and blows air like a missile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lily will snore like bedamned! I've often had to nudge her or call her to half wake her up so I can fall asleep!

Daisy is so like a baby, you hear her lil breath like a baby sleeping.
    If you try and wake her she makes noises like a baby, little 'mmm' noises, like 'noooo don't wake me, I'm all sleepy' and you usually have to carry her / walk her up a bit more before moving her. She likes to conk out on her back, paws splayed in a very unladylike fashion!

They both dream in their sleep, you'll get the whines / the little 'muffs' (as we call them) as they're after something in their dreams. The little paws will twitch and curl too.

I love watching them sleep, it can be the sweetest thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Rodney snores like an elephant because he lies on his back in his basket with his head hanging out over the side. He sometimes dreams and does the whole whimpering and running with his paws but last night was so funny; he started whimpering and graduated to little barks and grunts and then lifted his head up and gave a big long howl, wolf style, and woke himself up.

the look of shock on his face was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

my dog woke me up last night he was snoring so loud and when i put him out to the landing so i could get some sleep, he gave a big sigh, cocked his nose in the air and went down stairs . insulted that i had interrupted his beauty sleep.

Advertisement