Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaking urine

Options
  • 27-09-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Im 20 wks on my first and the last couple of days I have found my pants are damp. It smells like urine so im not worried that its amniotic fluid. Im doing my pelvic floor exercises - but upset that Im only half-way there and it will probably only get worse.

Has anyone else experienced this ?
    Any ideas what will help ? have a physio opd
    booked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You'll probably just be told to do more pelvic floor exercises...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, are you sure it is urine? The reason i ask is because I noticed when i was pregnant that i had alot more discharge. And withouth being too descriptive, it was quite a bit and did make my pants wet. It was also different in texure and colour to the normal pre-pregnancy type discharge that most women get. At the time i was a bit shocked at the amount of it so I mentioned it to midwife and doc and they said it was totally normal. So i started wearing pantyliners...as there wasnt much else i could do. That was my experience anyway. Hope this helps in some way. Best of luck with the pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Panty liners pelvic floor exercises and try not to cough too hard without crossing your legs from here on in :D:D it's extra weight on your bladder and extra cervical mucus.. but mention it to the gp or the midwife just to be sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have booked in for a physio appointment so hopefully it will help. doing pelvic floor exercises to beat the band. My concern is if im like this now, what will I be like after popping baba out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

player 2 wrote: »
    I have booked in for a physio appointment so hopefully it will help. doing pelvic floor exercises to beat the band. My concern is if im like this now, what will I be like after popping baba out.

If it helps any, I got quite leaky from 16 weeks but actually haven't had any issues since I got to the 29 week mark. I think my bladder moved up out of the way a bit and isn't getting as squished any more. That, and I make sure I pee every 3 hrs or so, no point in trying to keep it in if it wants to come out even without your consent! As for afterwards, yes, you might lose a bit of elasticity but you can build it up again. Some people go back to as good as they were before, others don't - it really depends on the kind of birth you have and how much work you put in afterwards. Yoga and kegels are your friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I make sure I pee every 3 hrs or so.

Wow you are so lucky -I have to go at least once an hour , probably around every 45 mins I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

didnt happen to me untill near the end but my sister had that problem throughout her pregnancy, think its pretty normal but wouldn't do any harm mentioning it to the doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have started leaking in the last couple of weeks (I'm at 23 weeks) if I sneeze...more kegel exercises for me I think!

For you it could be discharge too. Definitely noticed a marked increase right since the start, have to wear pantyliners. Doctor says it's perfectly normal.

Advertisement