Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 5 - November 19th

Options
  • 27-09-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

We're getting the whole thing from 12.00 till 21.00. This is a one time thing (I think?), and future events will not be booked for this long. That said, we're only booking it for this long, we won't run the event the whole way there (I hope). After this, we'll likely be dropping a game from the roster, unless if we can down on time or get this length of booking from the exchange in the future.
    The body of the plan is to do pretty much what we did last time, but start a little earlier, have more setups (hopefully) and run the tournaments in the order of
    SSF Team -> MvC3 -> SF3 -> BB/MK9. We might be running MK9 a little earlier if we only have only a single setup (perhaps midway through MvC3).
    For time, we'll be starting SSF Teams...not sure about WHEN, but we have a relative guide as to how long the various tournaments should take this time. For a quick idea, here's the running (start-end) times for DoC4
    SF 1.40 - 3.55
    MvC 3-5.15
    SF3 5 - 8
    BB 4.45-7.40
    MK 5.50-9
    (note, MK and SF3 took 3 hours each 'cause they were run on limited setups. BB held up a lot of things and just took ages to run anyway, which is why it's getting pushed back)
    Also, if you can spare a console/monitor PM ME so I can have a base to work from...I'll PM those who gave their machines/monitors for DoC4, and they'll have preferential treatment. For those who wanted casual machines, if we get more than 8 machines for DoC, we should be able to put up a casual setup, but this is all dependent on the number of those who volunteer their machines. If your machine is used for casuals, you WILL be eligible for the full discount. Remember though, we only have 4 monitors as a base to work from, any more rely on people being able to bring them.
    Also also, we'll be changing the SF teams ordering (thanks to a snap poll :P) to AvA, BvB, winners from winner-stays-on.
    We'll see what we can do about getting a couple large sheets of paper together for a wall-o'-brackets, but no promises...Also, if you have a data plan on your smart phone, the Exchange DOES have wireless. It slipped my mind to mention this until it was pointed out to me that I had not said it.

If you have any other queries for me, this is the place to bring them up, and I'll answer them as best I can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Good stuff Voa.

I appreciate the advanced notice, it makes it easy to plan around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

awesome!

looking forward to it ;)

ps,ill make a post on tym about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

idk what the situation is on positioning recording equipment and etc but, is it possible to have a clear, unobstructed seating arrangement for commentating matches? e.g table behind players maybe?

Just seemed awkward with people getting to the seats last DOC, however, It's just a minor concern but, I do believe keeping everything organized and easy to get to is key for convenience and comfort

Also, if you need a Volunteer/'s to help run tournaments don't hesitate to ask, can never have too much help

Looking forward to see what changes come to this event:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 STORMS_TYM

We will be promoting this on TYM in the very near future. Thanks to 1man3letters for the tip.

btw, what does DOC 5 stand for? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Day of Champions 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Hopefully can haul my ass down for this one, been missing everything lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

your welcome ;)

big thanks to storms_tym to for puttin it on the front page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Just thought I'd give this a little bump :p

Still need a few more to guarantee monitors/consoles at this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

MvC or UMvC? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

This has the same price point as DoC4 I assume?

Also, I'd totally be down with some day one UMvC3 madness! :D

If UMvC is released prior to DoC, we'll run it. If it's not, well, I don't own a time machine.

And the pricing is still the same as before. 15 total for all entries, 12 for 1 tournament, 5 off with console, 8 off with monitor, free in to all tournaments for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Doyler01 wrote: »
    MvC or UMvC? :D

Sounds hype

Cap might even be bumped up mid tier from the buffs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's being released on the 18th in Europe.

We'll have 1 night to practice.

Best. Tournament. EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Kind of reminds me of someone being on the stage at a major tournament with one night of practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's being released on the 18th in Europe.

We'll have 1 night to practice.

Best. Tournament. EVER.
    Northern crew will win it then, they have an actual cab to practice on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

UMVC3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Nope - the cab is KOF XIII, which is coming out the week after, and will hopefully also have a day-2 tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah, got confused so.

Carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Day 2 KKK team. . . . . . .I got to rename that team fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Yeah, too bad nobody plays it.

Okay, just a quick round up;
    We currently have the following for the tournament;
    1 PS3 capable monitor
    2 Xbox only monitor (non-exchange)(maybe only 1 if Prinny's lag test shows it to be poor)
    4 Exchange xbox only monitors
    2 PS3s
    5 Xboxs

I pm'd all the people who were kind enough to bring machines and monitors to the Exchange last time, and, if rudimentary math doesn't elude me, we have space for a PS3 capable monitor and another xbox (maybe), if people choose to bring them. I can't exactly force anyone to bring anything, but it'd be lovely if people could find it in their hearts to supply the machines on the day :P

Along with this, I'm also accepting PMs for people who would be willing to help run tournaments, to help out poor Goody2Shoes from going blind again. There won't be any rewards for helping out, other than seeing the tournament run smoother, and feeling like a baws when you tell people they need to do what you're telling them to do. We'll also try to do a map of A4 pages with the current matches/bracket on the white wall behind the Team Doomy set up.
    When you PM me, make sure the subject line is DoC 5 - (Tournaments you want to help with).

If more people want to volunteer more setups, I have said before, that if we reach more then 8-9 setups, we can start setting up casual setups. Remember that you'll need 3S, BBCS2, and SFAE DLC stuff (or AE disc) to volunteer an Xbox, and MK9 patches to volunteer a PS3, but most likely no MvC3 DLC, since we'll most likely be doing an inaugural UMvC3 tournament.

Perhaps rather than saying "don't bring a system if it doesn't have ANY of this stuff" it'd be an idea for people to write a little page with what they have on the machine and leave it stuck to their respective xboxes.

Perhaps rather than saying "don't bring a system if it doesn't have ANY of this stuff" it'd be an idea for people to write a little page with what they have on the machine and leave it stuck to their respective xboxes.

Along with their names. Identification of xboxes is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Voa wrote: »
    Along with their names. Identification of xboxes is good.

Mine should be fine

Sending you a PM now Voa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Why didn't I think of that for Nom-Con earlier in the year? Good man!

just a heads up to who ever had/has the ps3 for mk9,
    there was a new patch released about a week ago,
    balance changes,move changes,new dashing,"new" wake-up system and the fact freddy is legit to use now

Sairus wrote: »
    Why didn't I think of that for Nom-Con earlier in the year? Good man!

Because I am an ideas man, Sairus.

With a little less than 2 weeks to go, I've yet to hear anything else about another PS3 compatible TV being available, and one of the MK chaps has volunteered his PS3 for the tournament with all the DLC. If I get no words from any other PS3 compatible TVs (or tested and working connectors) withiin the week, I think his might be the only one we wind up using on the day, and we'll run the MK9 tournament from opening/early on, as he has to leave early.

Also, I'm nearly finished a promo vid for DoC 5 :p (Better delayed than never).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Voa wrote: »
    With a little less than 2 weeks to go.

It's 3 and a half weeks till DoC no? >_>

Advertisement