Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 5 - November 19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

...college make no brain good.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

will SSF4AE be teams only or is there a single event also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Shokashi wrote: »
    will SSF4AE be teams only or is there a single event also?

No SF4 singles, that's what Inferno is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    No SF4 singles, that's what Inferno is for.

no worries, ill still attend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Voa wrote: »
    With a little less than 2 weeks to go, I've yet to hear anything else about another PS3 compatible TV being available, and one of the MK chaps has volunteered his PS3 for the tournament with all the DLC. If I get no words from any other PS3 compatible TVs (or tested and working connectors) withiin the week, I think his might be the only one we wind up using on the day, and we'll run the MK9 tournament from opening/early on, as he has to leave early.

Also, I'm nearly finished a promo vid for DoC 5 :p (Better delayed than never).

Hey man. I didn't say I had to leave early.
    I will be staying all day and leaving Dublin VERY late.
    Im making a day out of this.

So please don't run MK9 really early..... I want some kasuals to warm up before hand... you understand this will be the first time that I kan play some players I know in person.

I'll be bringing my PS3 for the MK9 Tournament but SSF4:AE it kannot support as I don't have it. I have Vanilla and Super with all the respective Costume DLC for both but thats no good.

I do however have 3rd Strike, I don't mind my PS3 being used for that as I'll probably enter it too..... BUT we NEED another PS3 Monitor for kasuals as me and a bunch of other players are travelling to meet up and play before the actual Tournament.

Im gonna try to get a friend to supply the kasual MK9 PS3.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.

There MUST be someone in the whole of Dublin that kan hook us all up for DoC5.

I know you guys kan do it, im bringing 2 PS3s, please get another PS3 monitor available. Slight lag for the kasuals isn't the end of the world.

Use the lag-less one for the Tourney.

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

What can the PS3 output to? I assume it not doing VGA is the issue here?
    SNIP
    I can't be the only one here that finds those K's really annoying. I get that you like MK, but come on like :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

PS3's can output in component, composite, or HDMI. No VGA.

Sairus wrote: »

I can't be the only one here that finds those K's really annoying. I get that you like MK, but come on like :pac:

LMAO! Sorry man kan't help it.

I didn't spell Costume with a K when I mentioned SF lol

Dr Doom man ANYBODY you know kan help us out with a kasual PS3 monitor? (Regardless of lag) Im seriously trying here im bringing people down to the Tourney and bringing gear you gotta know someone.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

LMAO! Sorry man kan't help it.

I didn't spell Kostume with a K when I mentioned SF lol

Dr Doom man ANYBODY you know kan help us out with a kasual PS3 monitor? (Regardless of lag) Im seriously trying here im bringing people down to the Tourney and bringing gear you gotta know someone.

All the best,
    Razer

FYP

Dude you can't seriously expect to have an exclusive all day long monitor for casuals in one game at a tournament that's catering for 5 or 6. It's just unreasonable. Tournaments come first, casuals second if the machines are not needed.

I know plenty of people who have component tvs, I just can't make anyone bring them along and I am already carting a rake of equipment.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    FYP

FYI I was talking about SF there too man not MK ;)

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dude you can't seriously expect people to bring equipment in general. It's just unreasonable.

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Kstop Kbeing Kso Knegative

FYP :pac:

If I kan bring 2 PS3s, 1 for kasuals and 1 for multiple Tournament gameplay then others kan bring monitors.

I see nothing unreasonable about that.

Give a little, take a little.

Again monitors with a bit of lag wouldn't be bad for kasuals.
    Doesn't have to be perfect if its all we kan get apart from the Tourney monitor.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

If I kan bring 2 PS3s, 1 for kasuals and 1 for multiple Tournament gameplay then others kan bring monitors.

Doesn't have to be perfect if its all we kan get apart from the Tourney monitor.

All the best,
    Razer

The Exchange is usually packed as it is and the last tournament just finished before time was up. It'd be nice to have a set up or two for casuals but there isn't the space or the time, we need all the monitors we can get for set ups for the tournaments.

All the best,
    Razer

I genuinely do not wish to be discouraging but you have not even attended a tournament. It is actually very unreasonable to use up resources which may be desperately needed to ensure tournaments run on time. You do not really know of what you speak.

While it's ideal that there's casual machines for play, it is simply not feasible to say "this machine here- not only just for casuals, but only for casuals for this one game, at the cost of all others".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yes We Kan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Surely one of the friends you're bringing can bring a tv or monitor?

Pretty much what everyone else said. I cannot give away a full setup for causals for a single game. We're generally pushed for time as it is, and PS3 capable monitors are few and far between. We're probably only gonna get a single one, and running MK early is to stop it running super late and having to have its games cut to first to 3, one game, instead of best of 3, best of 3.

Sorry I misread your post, thought you were gonna be leaving earlier in the day.:p

Naphiel wrote: »
    The Exchange is usually packed as it is and the last tournament just finished before time was up. It'd be nice to have a set up or two for casuals but there isn't the space or the time, we need all the monitors we can get for set ups for the tournaments.

But The Exchange was booked out for a longer period of time than DoC 4 was this time was it not?

If there is absolutely no way at all of a kasual set up for MK being made possible then the actual MK9 Tournament should be run best of 3, then best of 5 for the finals. The first to 3 rounds format used at DoC4 was terrible.
    I kompletely disagree with that format. MK9 grants the player to score the first hit an extra bar of meter, thats a breaker straight away, to me the 1 match format feels handicapped for the 2nd player as they do not have the chance to comeback the next match.

Best of 3 matches it should be.

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Stop signing forum posts, it's bloody redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

But The Exchange was booked out for a longer period of time than DoC 4 was this time was it not?

If there is absolutely no way at all of a kasual set up for MK being made possible then the actual MK9 Tournament should be run best of 3, then best of 5 for the finals. The first to 3 rounds format used at DoC4 was terrible.
    I kompletely disagree with that format. MK9 grants the player to score the first hit an extra bar of meter, thats a breaker straight away, to me the 1 match format feels handicapped for the 2nd player as they do not have the chance to comeback the next match.

Best of 3 matches it should be.

All the best,
    Razer
    lol

Kasual setup is pretty much out of the question for DoC. But a casual setup might be possible.

It was run best of 1 match, 3 of 5 rounds because we simply had no time left at all, and needed the matches done as fast as possible. It was put to the competitors left in the tournament, with my apologies that it had come to that, and they agreed. I had meant to jump on the mike and apologise, but I was run ragged making sure everything was put away. We ended half an hour over time as it was.
    Also, don't tell me how to run my tournament. If you don't agree with the rules, you're welcome to attend Test Your Hype and talk to them about rules, but DoC runs double elimination brackets, best 2 of 3 all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Why don't you run mk9 and BB first, get them out of the way.

Why don't you run mk9 and BB first, get them out of the way.

Not a bad idea if u have time.

Might make the Finals of the real games more hype.

Only thing that bothered me in the past about DoC was missing out on the hype of SF grand finals.. otherwise its excellent.

K.O.Kiki: Nope. Iv posted that on every forum post iv made. Its my thing.
    Your the first person to EVER komplain about it. First the "K"s, now this.

Doyler01: Nice spotting that ;)
    Explain what you mean please man im bringing 2 PS3s, 1 for kasuals and 1 for Tourney. Specifically for MK9 so me and the boys kan play each other before and after the Tourney.

Do you mean there will be a kasual for MK or all games? Which wouldn't work out, lets be honest.

Voa: Yes your right. Its your Tourney, your rules. Im just sharing my input as an MK player. Kould you please PM me details on Test Your Hype? Id like to know what and when it is and who is involved with it please, it would be highly appreciated. Thanx man.

Stev0knev022: I dissagree with MK being started early as im bringing the system for MK and possibly 3S. I have to gather a lock of people and **** to go down so who knows if ill be a little late (Not definite, just saying "if" im a little late).

And to be honest man I don't like the sound of "Just get MK out of the way" I didn't say that regarding 3S... A 12 year old game (as fun as it is).

BB I know nothing about. Im not the person to ask there.

So with that said I request that MK9 not be the very first Tourney started VOA man. By the way if you would like my PS3 for 3S let me know man.

I know ill be entering MK9 and 3S.

Please get back to me asap as I mightn't be online for bout 5 days.

(And just for you Kiki :P lol )

All the best,
    Razer

EDIT:

Might I suggest running every game up until finals, then play the finals of each game last? Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Doyler01: Nice spotting that ;)
    Explain what you mean please man im bringing 2 PS3s, 1 for kasuals and 1 for Tourney. Specifically for MK9 so me and the boys kan play each other before and after the Tourney.

Do you mean there will be a kasual for MK or all games? Which wouldn't work out, lets be honest.

Voa: Yes your right. Its your Tourney, your rules. Im just sharing my input as an MK player. Kould you please PM me details on Test Your Hype? Id like to know what and when it is and who is involved with it please, it would be highly appreciated. Thanx man.

Stev0knev022: I dissagree with MK being started early as im bringing the system for MK and possibly 3S. I have to gather a lock of people and **** to go down so who knows if ill be a little late (Not definite, just saying "if" im a little late).

And to be honest man I don't like the sound of "Just get MK out of the way" I didn't say that regarding 3S... A 12 year old game (as fun as it is).

BB I know nothing about. Im not the person to ask there.

So with that said I request that MK9 not be the very first Tourney started VOA man. By the way if you would like my PS3 for 3S let me know man.

I know ill be entering MK9 and 3S.

Please get back to me asap as I mightn't be online for bout 5 days.

(And just for you Kiki :P lol )

All the best,
    Razer

EDIT:

Might I suggest running every game up until finals, then play the finals of each game last? Just a thought.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056435542
    There's the info on Test Your Hype. It's an MK focused tournament that Kuro Tao is organising.

The problem isn't a lack of consoles for casuals, it's a lack of monitors and space for set ups.

About leaving the finals of each game till the end of the day. Some people only enter one tournament. There's no reason to have them waiting around all day, watching games they have no interest in, just so they can play their match.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

While i don't personally like mk, i have no real issue with it, my "get them out of the way comment" was directed mainly at BB.

Aside from all that it seems obvious to me that this tourney is mainly for the people who play the less popular games so why not play them under the best possible conditions.

If you run them early the place will be less crowded, there will be less competition for setups and the whole thing will run alot smoother.

It's up to you to make it to the event on time bro.

DoC is a tourney that usually runs tight on time. It runs a lot of games and tries to accommodate everyone. There simply isn't time or space for casuals. Especially no time for no skanky ass kasuals. :p That's just the way it is. If everything runs smoothly there might be some time for casuals afterwards. But usually not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Put it in your sig.

Advertisement