Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 5 - November 19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Literally, this is all I know about Test Your Hype.

Regarding consoles, if we get Kiki's monitor, we might be able to run 2 setups of MK, but there will be no casuals. If you're brining your console specifically for casuals, you should just bring one with all the DLC on it for tournament play (unless if both of them have the DLC). DoC always runs too tight for tournaments, unless if you can confirm that someone with a HDMI capable monitor is willing to stay longer so you can have post DoC causals. Once the MK tournament is done, the monitors will be needed for the other tournaments on the day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok Razer, sorry about this but I am going to have to put my foot down.

I don't mind you doing whatever you feel like on the MK thread but not using proper English is antagonising plenty of people (who have no love for MK) and making your posts difficult to read.

If you check the forum charter, that's not really allowed here.

So how about we keep it friendly, make a compromise that I don't mind special k's all over the place in the MK thread but in ones like this where there's serious discussion going on you post in the same manner everyone else HAS to.

You're a new poster who's never even been to a tournament and you're trying to effect a change and at the very least if you want people to take you seriously, and the k's aren't helping that at all.

This isn't personal opinion btw, this is a rule of the forum which long predates your presence because of what was originally known as the "bebo" generation. Easy communication is necessary for the continual growth of a decent forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Not a bad idea if u have time.

Might make the Finals of the real games more hype.

Only thing that bothered me in the past about DoC was missing out on the hype of SF grand finals.. otherwise its excellent.

Mk ran latest (well only had 1 console) and the mk people that stayed the whole day just to play only got first to 3 games and not the proper format. So running it earlier so they get proper games would be good. I belive the mk people get to have as many rounds matches as the other games.

Last time i remember DOC was ment to be a thing for other fighting games that were not sf4 (but there is inferno for sf4). But we understand sf4 has the most people so team was held for DOC.

Just for the record, I personally feel the MK crowd deserve a good fun tournament at this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Kk Kazer, Korry Kbout Khis Kut K Km Koing Ko Kave Ko Kut Ky Koot Kown.

K Kon't Kind Kou Koing Khatever Kou Keel Kike Kn Khe MK Khread Kut Kot Ksing Kroper Knglish Ks Kntagonising Klenty Kf Keople K(who have no love for MK) Knd Kaking Kour Kosts Kifficult Ko Kead.

Kf Kou Kheck Khe Korum Kharter, Khat's Kot Keally Kllowed Kere.

Ko Kow Kbout Ke Ceep Kit Kriendly, Kake K Kompromise Khat K Kon't Kind Kpecial C's Kall Kver Khe Klace Kn Khe MC Khread Kut Kn Kones Kike Khis Khere Khere's Kerious Kiscussion Koing Kn Kou Kost Kn Khe Kame Kanner Kveryone Klse KAS Ko.

Kou're K Kew Koster Kho's Kever Kven Keen Ko K Kournament Knd Kou're Krying Ko Kffect K Khange Knd Kt Khe Kery Keast Kf Kou Kant Keople Ko Kake Kou Keriously, and the k's aren't helping that at all.

Khis Ksn't Kersonal Kpinion Ktw, Khis Ks K Kule Kf Khe Korum Khich Kong Kredates Kour Kresence Kecause Kf Khat Kas Kriginally Cnown Ks Khe "Kebo" Keneration. Kasy Kommunication Ks Kecessary Kor Khe Kontinual Krowth Kf K Kecent Korum.

FYP.

• Advertisement

FYP.

I hate you so much. So much.

FYP.

you really got nothing better to do :D

on the other note, biggest prob last time was the mk set up we lack monitor to run mk. so we got that sort out. this would be ran way better. (cause i thought the last one was ran well as well)

The problem with that is this.

Ps3 by default DOES NOT work with VGA. So we need a non VGA soluton for a second PS3 OR we need someone with a HDfury or kiki to bring his component to VGa converter in (he's the only person besides me I know has one).

The problem with that is this.

Ps3 by default DOES NOT work with VGA. So we need a non VGA soluton for a second PS3 OR we need someone with a HDfury or kiki to bring his component to VGa converter in (he's the only person besides me I know has one).

K where can i get one and the price. If its not to expensive, I cna just get one to save trouble for future tourneys and It might be useful for me sometime :)

they're in the region of 50 quid, sadly! got mine off amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll lend you my Y-Pb-Pr to VGA converter again.

My PS2 died about 2-3 weeks after you gave it back to me anyway, so it's totally useless to me for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

3rd time iv typed this entire post out (Damn Log-in time out) lol.

Naphiel: Thanx for the link man. I'll be at that no doubt.

stev0knev022: Its settled. I'll be there on time.
    That k comment was funny man really over the top lol
    But only words beginning with the "Hard C" sound are spelled MK style lol

Doyler01: "Skanky ass kasuals?!" Come on man! lol

Bush: Sorry man iv been doing it for years don't let it annoy you, just a few words.

VOA: Does the other system have the DLC man?
    Also could you please post an official Tournament schedule once you have it sorted? Cheers.

Doom: Damn man if you feel THAT strongly about it, JUST for you guys I will try not to spell "Hard C" words MK style besides the MK thread itself ( even though its clear most of you do not know the concept behind how and when the "k" can be used in a word ). You gotta understand man a few might slip out accidentally as its a habit iv had for years. Im gonna have to double check every one of my posts from now on because of you and that word "moderator". Hope you understand.

chueytoo: My respect gained.

To all: A few thoughts:

Folks I don't want there to be any bad blood between us.
    If there is no setup available for MK casuals thats a bullet im willing to bite.
    Im just fighting for my game to be treated equal as any of you would.

You guys love SF. You would defend the series in a heartbeat your that passionate about it. You gotta understand im the EXACT same when it comes to MK. I just ****in' love it, its been there with me all through my childhood to this day.

Hearing and reading constant negative comments about a subject I feel so strongly and passionate about is extremely irritating and annoying as ****.
    Imagine that was ur game being dissed. How would you feel?
    You'd ****in' fight for the ****!

Example: Is the PDP MK TE the best way to play MK? No. Did it stop me spending 250 of my hard earned cash to have one? No. I just had to have it. I LOVE MK. I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT IT. Period.

I mean im not a huge SF fan but I like the games and support Capcom (Think you'll all be happy to know that iv never spelled Capcom with a k lol). I bought VSF4 (retail disc), SSF4 (retail disc), MvC3, SF3:3SOE plus all costume DLC and plan on buying SSF4AE (retail disc) when the spare dough surfaces etc.

So please the next time you go to diss MK at the very least think twice, put yourself in others shoes. Both SF and MvC3 have had some ****ed up **** in them too, yet we MK fans leave it be. It is what it is. Thats respect.

Thanx for taking the time to read. Hope to meet you all at DoC5.
    I'll leave ya with this, Peace: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGt4qoUbEhE

All the best,
    Razer

Hearing and reading constant negative comments about a subject I feel so strongly and passionate about is extremely irritating and annoying as ****.
    Imagine that was ur game being dissed. How would you feel?
    You'd ****in' fight for the ****!

you will get some of that from people, that don't play your game trust me on that.

chueytoo wrote: »
    you will get some of that from people, that don't play your game trust me on that.

Trust me man I know lol
    Im gonna try to get one of them monitors after December myself too.

All the best,
    Razer

EDIT: Just read back a few pages there and I missed a few comments. Specifically from Doom and Voa. Sorry I didn't get back to you about em.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Are the extra characters in MK9 free? If they cost money, how much?

I'm probably going to buy a HD Fury and I may be able to bring a monitor too, so if I'm not working that day we could have three potential MK9 setups for tournament play.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I like you razer, you don't give a s### what people think of you and you continue to type in that annoying way to troll everybody. What a beast!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Are the extra characters in MK9 free? If they cost money, how much?

I'm probably going to buy a HD Fury and I may be able to bring a monitor too, so if I'm not working that day we could have three potential MK9 setups for tournament play.

Whoa, okay it might just be me, but it seems there's a little too much focus on MK right now. I mean don't get me wrong I love the game as much as the next guy but, let's be reasonable. The only reason we ran short on time in DoC4 was because we ran the tournament on one setup, due to lack of equipment. Three setups for just MK seems ridiculous, especially if we're going to dedicate one to "Kasuals".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

One will not be devoted to just casuals, but three setups for the tournament will be very helpful. Plus my PS3 has all the Blazblue DLC and 3S too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki: Nope. Iv posted that on every forum post iv made. Its my thing.
    Your the first person to EVER komplain about it. First the "K"s, now this.

I'm really glad Doom put on his mod hat about this; because reading your posts was genuinely making my eyes hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Everyone getting annoyed by the "K's" and "sig" is lulz.

Kikis posts make my eyes bleed!

I think the K should stay!

Sigs FTW
    Hound

• Advertisement

Can the person who reported my awesome jeremy irons sig as too big plz stop being such a barrel of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Awesome Jeremy Irons sig? Show pics

Lads. Moderator decisions not up for discussion. Also in the rules. Move on.

Lads. Moderator decisions not up for discussion. Also in the rules. Move on.

Did you ban my sig?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Did you ban my sig?

Sigs aren't banned. And mods can't remove them, only admins. So someone reported it. Just resize it to the 500X125 limit and it'll be as good as new. :)

ANYWAY! Day of Champions. That should be cool. There should be a vanilla Marvel 3 side tourney! :P With Thor banned. And the captain. Actually all of the avengers, banned :pac:

JUN DP101: Thanx man appreciated.

chopperbyrne: Each character should be 3.20 in sterling if memory serves me correctly.

UbberPrinny Baal: Its the same sound as how its normally spelled lol

Hound: Good lad! Support the K! lol :)

KuroTao: I understand about the setup situation. Iv moved on. :)
    Thinking of booking a hotel room for the night for a casual gathering.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Thinking of booking a hotel room for the night for a casual gathering.

Not a bad idea at all. Will u be playing all games or just Mortal Combat?

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Not a bad idea at all. Will u be playing all games or just Mortal Combat?

I'll be playing 3S in the Tourney itself but the casual gathering would most likely be Mortal Kombat man as I'll be travelling down with MK fans to meet Mk fans lol Never know though a friend if mine might convince me to play him in 3S a little lol

Im all about MK though

All the best,
    Razer

Thor is top tier. True fact.

You any idea who you're going to pick Onion, with your A team nerfed to all hell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Hey guys, sorry i dropped out of this thread for a while!

If razer is bringing a crowd for the MK tourney, from an organising point of view i defo think it should be early, but i think BB should still be first, it will be a much smaller tourney, and will also be easier to set up, we can get the PS3s sorted while thats going on and plough into MK then, it can run its own course over the day, but i'd like to be strict around people being there for matches. We are plannin on using challonge AND big brackets on the wall to appease everybody, so there will be NO excuses around not knowing when you're playing.

Just to let you know Razer, when you get there I will be the girl taking money and signing people up and telling Voa to calm the **** down, and i'd pass on some advice, Especially for anyone coming who is new to tourney situations. You cannot wander off if you are in a tourney, it may sound like a casual slow-moving thing when we have so much time booked, but any of the guys will tell you that it gets a bit crazy, not least of all for the people running around making sure matches are happening because they are terrified of me. :)

Apart from that it should be fun, and trust me when i say having MK early isn't lowering the HYPE, usually DoCs peak around mid afternoon and go downhill from there because people head home, but if SF or UMvC are later more people will hang on and keep the buzz going. :)

Advertisement