Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 5 - November 19th

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thor is top tier. True fact.

You any idea who you're going to pick Onion, with your A team nerfed to all hell?

Who knows man, who knows :( My poor poor team. They were totally fair and balanced. I'll probably go She-Hulk, Doctor Doom, Iron Fist for the first day, who knows after that. I don't have the time to do the massive training room experimentation I did last time to pick my team (didn't pick them because they were top tier *shock-horror*) so I'll probably just wait til the tiers settle and see who's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

If razer is bringing a crowd for the MK tourney

I don't want to sound super cynical, but I'm going to. Take with a grain of salt.

In my experience as a TO in the past, the guy who loudly proclaims he's going to show up and bring a big crowd, is usually the guy who never shows up at all.

No offense to Razor, but perhaps meet him once before altering the day's schedule on his word alone.

All the best,
    Dave

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    ANYWAY! Day of Champions. That should be cool. There should be a vanilla Marvel 3 side tourney! :P With Thor banned. And the captain. Actually all of the avengers, banned :pac:

Just FYI, She-Hulk is an Avenger...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just FYI, She-Hulk is an Avenger...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Spider-Man and Wolverine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

And Diana Rigg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

chueytoo wrote: »
    you will get some of that from people, that don't play your game trust me on that.

BB is not getting [as much] hate now

MK is like the new kid in class

If I kan bring 2 PS3s, 1 for kasuals and 1 for multiple Tournament gameplay then others kan bring monitors.

I see nothing unreasonable about that.

Give a little, take a little.

Again monitors with a bit of lag wouldn't be bad for kasuals.
    Doesn't have to be perfect if its all we kan get apart from the Tourney monitor.

All the best,
    Razer

I'm getting the vibe that you like MK:/

Well thats pretty interesting with the wording and all, be great to see you at the tourney

P.S 95% of the community don't play MK so prepare for massive negativity from 99% of the community about MK..

+8FA Block string = Broken character

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Nutrient wrote: »
    BB is not getting [as much] hate now

MK is like the new kid in class

hahaha not really, most people don't go out of the way to hate it. Maybe I do just to troll Kuro :p then again people will alway hate blazblue cause it's anime like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Feel_The_Byrne

Sorry this probably has been posted before, but where abouts in Dublin is this on?
    Also Razer I'm loving the k's ya legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I'm getting the vibe that you like MK:/

Well thats pretty interesting with the wording and all, be great to see you at the tourney

P.S 95% of the community don't play MK so prepare for massive negativity from 99% of the community about MK..

+8FA Block string = Broken character

Nah, i've done a bit of looking into that.
    Turns out it's nowhere near +8, you guys are just really slow :v

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Got MK for PS3 today. Have the DLC characters and it's fully patched. Going to order a HD Fury this weekend. If I'm working that Saturday, I'll try to give my console to someone else beforehand.

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Nah, i've done a bit of looking into that.
    Turns out it's nowhere near +8, you guys are just really slow :v

What is it?

+4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fr stack

wots up lads is there gonna be casuals beforehand at doc5 if so wot time they startin at ... im plannin on bringin everyones favourite noob prepare to be pissed off:mad:

I said this before:

There's wireless internet in the exchange, Patches can be downloaded on the 360, including the soft patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I said this before:

There's wireless internet in the exchange, Patches can be downloaded on the 360, including the soft patch.

Aye but do we have wireless adapters for the old xboxs?

Also what happens if the wireless drops halfway through a fight? As it's streaming a patch I would assume that you get kicked out of the game. Would make for a mighty grand finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

I said this before:

Apparently its been tried out before and didn't work, even with the 360Ss with the built-in wifi.

We should try it again though, just to see.

If I recall the xbox being used was AJ's day 1 job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

My redbox is old style, so that means free ethernet port but no Wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

ok so havnt been able to post here so sorry if this comes of ranty as have little time to gets my points across :rolleyes:

@feel_the_byrne & fr_stack, good to see fellow tym'ers coming out,theres a google maps link in the doc4 thread to the location...i think

@razer, dont ever change bro! :D

@ doom, although i do see your point on the "k" issue,text speak etc as mentioned in the charter, a mk player without there general over use of the k key on there keyboard is like guile without his theme,ye we get by...buts its not a good life ;)

also i just saw people mentioning bout using xboxs and exchanges wireless internet, IF this is for mk9, as ive explained in detail and length in doc4 thread why mk9 on xbox for tourny play is a bad bad bad idea
    risk of patch cutting out or not working is far 2 big a issue to even consider it
    also me and nutrient found out at casuals if the disk aint loaded to harddrive the game skips too much so theres a another strike against it
    so in short mk on xbox=no

• Advertisement

also me and nutrient found out at casuals if the disk aint loaded to harddrive the game skips too much so theres a another strike against it
    so in short mk on xbox=no

First, Personally I think if the K pisses people off they need to find stress relief programs but, it is a type of Bebo txt speak so Its just best to leave it out I guess

Second, that monitor at XGC is F***** so idk if older Xboxs have issues or the monitor is causing it or not installing it causes issues, so lets just go PS3 and save hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

First, Personally I think if the K pisses people off they need to find stress relief programs but, it is a type of Bebo txt speak so Its just best to leave it out I guess

Second, that monitor at XGC is F***** so idk if older Xboxs have issues or the monitor is causing it or not installing it causes issues, so lets just go PS3 and save hassle

true, but this is a community thing, and even if the K doesn't piss people off its better not to have it. whats the harm in using c instead of a k. Thats like talking in leet speak, having every second letter a number, we can all do that but we don't.

you can use the K anywhere else, but when you having a discussion about a tourney being held, making post understandable and well cleared is the most important thing.

Last time.

Next person to talk about the K in this thread is getting a ban. Moderator decisions can be questioned by pm or through the feedback forum but no where on boards do you do it on thread.

I said to move on. It'd be an awful shame for me to have to be the asshole mod at this point, lads.

Is there gonna be a main set up for grand finales or is the projector going to be used?

Last time we had a nice set up, just wondering if we're going have that same grand finales set up

Is there gonna be a main set up for grand finales or is the projector going to be used?

Last time we had a nice set up, just wondering if we're going have that same grand finales set up

Well, if I get kiki's adapter, I could do the projector.

If I get Hardter's tv, we can do that.

If I get both I can do both.

Good to hear

UMVC3 Day 1 tourney!....on a projector!

Oh the uproar:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

A fine day 0 tradition in MvC3.

Technically it's Day 2.

Like Contagion.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Thanx for all the advice folks.

Im attending DoC5 to play MK players I consider better than me.
    All I want to do is level up my own game.

Some of you have had an extremely bad first impression of me.
    I apologies for that.

Again I hope to meet you all and have a good time.

PS I said Id be bringing other people.... not a "crowd" ;)

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Hey guys. Just sent out a barrage of PMs to people who PM'd me saying they'd be bringing things, same deals as before. Bring a console, get 5 off, monitor, 8 quid off, full off for both, and brining multiple consoles for those I have asked can choose to give their second discount to someone else or use both themselves.
    If I PM'd you, you should also PM me back with a yes/no and what you still need to patch (which will be getting SF3, having AE, BB patches and MK patches). I can't promise I'll be able to supply games, but I'll do the ground work and beg and plead on people's behalf.

And now, the running order;

SSF4AE Teams -> SF3 + MK -> UMvC3 -> BB.
    This is only provisional and subject to change. If people in this thread think this will run better with UMvC3 getting a solo slot before SF3 + MK9, we'll do that, but BB will definitely be the last slot in the day, and MK9 will be started at the same time as SF3.
    As before, signups for a tournament will close during the top 8 for prior tournament. SF4 is due to start at 12.20, but will most likely not begin till about 12.30 proper.
    For those wondering about times for planning;
    SSF4 took about 2 and a half hours last time.
    SF3 took about 3 hours.
    MK9 was about 3 hours.
    BB was about 2 and a half hours.
    MvC3 was 2 and a bit hours.

Keeping in mind, MK9 was played on a single setup, during both SF3 and BB. We will hopefully have more MK setups, so things should run smoother this time.
    And that's about it.

Get hype :D

Advertisement