Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 5 - November 19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Voa wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just sent out a barrage of PMs to people who PM'd me saying they'd be bringing things, same deals as before. Bring a console, get 5 off, monitor, 8 quid off, full off for both, and brining multiple consoles for those I have asked can choose to give their second discount to someone else or use both themselves.
    If I PM'd you, you should also PM me back with a yes/no and what you still need to patch (which will be getting SF3, having AE, BB patches and MK patches). I can't promise I'll be able to supply games, but I'll do the ground work and beg and plead on people's behalf.

And now, the running order;

SSF4AE Teams -> SF3 + MK -> UMvC3 -> BB.
    This is only provisional and subject to change. If people in this thread think this will run better with UMvC3 getting a solo slot before SF3 + MK9, we'll do that, but BB will definitely be the last slot in the day, and MK9 will be started at the same time as SF3.
    As before, signups for a tournament will close during the top 8 for prior tournament. SF4 is due to start at 12.20, but will most likely not begin till about 12.30 proper.
    For those wondering about times for planning;
    SSF4 took about 2 and a half hours last time.
    SF3 took about 3 hours.
    MK9 was about 3 hours.
    BB was about 2 and a half hours.
    MvC3 was 2 and a bit hours.

Keeping in mind, MK9 was played on a single setup, during both SF3 and BB. We will hopefully have more MK setups, so things should run smoother this time.
    And that's about it.

Get hype :D

What happens if we wanna enter MK9 and 3S?
    I'll drop my 3s spot but I wouldn't really like to y'no.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

What happens if we wanna enter MK9 and 3S?
    I'll drop my 3s spot but I wouldn't really like to y'no.

All the best,
    Razer

you will be playing on both thats all. you will have to switch back and forth. If your already in a sf3 game, you just wait till your finish the sf3 match then ask you to go and play your mk game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Then you play in both.

I should be able to provide one PS3 with all patches and DLC characters for both BB and MK9.

This PS3 also has 3S.

I should also be able to provide at least one and possibly two TVs with composite, component, VGA and HDMI connections.

Also one working PS3 VGA solution and possibly two if Dan can find the second cable.

Yes, I absolutely kick ass.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I love chopper.

Chuey, any sign of that PS3 component? It's not vital, just it'll make the ps3 recordings better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I love chopper.

Chuey, any sign of that PS3 component? It's not vital, just it'll make the ps3 recordings better.
    I'll bring my PS3 component in.

• Advertisement

@chopper/chuey: Cheers lads

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I love chopper.

Sairus gave me some stuff to give to you from the con, But on the ps3 note I can't seem to find it anywhere :( sorry

But if I do come across it, I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

If someone has a copy of BB I can get the 2 xboxes I'll be bringing patched for that.

Though you have to buy some of the characters don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Indeed you do. 560 MS banana dollars each, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

My 360 will be in tow with all important DLC for all games bar MK.

I'll also have my monitor, but that doesn't have any DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Yreval wrote: »
    Indeed you do. 560 MS banana dollars each, I think.

They aren't required though; only a handful of players really main the DLC, so if you don't want to buy them, it's not enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They aren't required though; only a handful of players really main the DLC, so if you don't want to buy them, it's not enforced.
    You're doing yourself a disservice by not having underboob fanservice Squirrel Girl Makoto Nanaya on your drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

All right, I see that UMvC3 intends to be on around 3pm - 5:30pm on the Saturday. Of course, this is subject to change since no one can ever really know if the tourneys will run as smooth as planned.

I'd normally be there for the entire event, but since I need to trek the whole way to and back from Armagh, I'll probably only be over for around that part of the day. I can at least bring a copy of UMvC3 with me if you're in need of more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

starting to really get hype for this...so close!!!:D:D:D

looking foward to meetin the guys from tym making the trip,great to see them gettin out for tourny play to support irish mk and the irish fighting game scene

if i dont get to get on the mic with razer at some point...i will break something :mad:

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Well then, you better make sure you get on it yourself :p

Well then, you better make sure you get on it yourself :p

touche :P

starting to really get hype for this...so close!!!:D:D:D

looking foward to meetin the guys from tym making the trip,great to see them gettin out for tourny play to support irish mk and the irish fighting game scene

if i dont get to get on the mic with razer at some point...i will break something :mad:

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

Word brother! See you Saturday with DR and "Reptile Player" (who I will be paying travel and entry for). Leaving myself BROKE for this lol

All the best,
    Razer

Its official. Sealed MK Headband for 1st place in MK9 @ Day of Champions 5

EPIC OR WHAT?!

DSC01553.jpg

May the best combatant win.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Its official. Sealed MK Headband for 1st place in MK9 @ Day of Champions 5

EPIC OR WHAT?!
    I should automatically win that.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Sairus wrote: »
    I should automatically win that.

Eyes off bro, Kenshi's got this.

• Advertisement

Kuro Tao wrote: »

ill use this to wipe kenshi's blood of baraka's blades :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'll be down. Buying raffle tickets back from people who bought them off me so bring them please thank you! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just to mention, there may be people in doing a bit of recording for a project on the day. I've passed it by Herr Voa and he oked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Kuro Tao wrote: »

He does.
    I'd advise you all to save your money. I've got this.

I might bring a 360 too, but my equipment will only be available until about ten to five. I have to leave then to go get a bus to Wexford.

That went pretty smoothly. Thanks to the organisers and all who helped out and donated equipment. Hope the newbies enjoyed themselves and see you all at the next one.

thanks to voa, doom and crew for again putting this on :D:D

mk was so hype!!!!!!!
    well done to my ATB team-mates: ATB kuro, ATB jun and ATB nutrient,
    i called it last night, all current 4 members of ATB would be top 4 in mk and thats what we got :cool: (insert mk theme and flash dance)

thanks again for the new mk guys who made the trip down,
    hope to see you all soon,was great meeting you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Great day today.

Thanks to Team Doomy and Team Voa2shoes(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Great tournament again today.

Thanks to the organisers and everyone who helped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Great day today.

Thanks to Team Doomy and Team Voa2shoes(?).

I am fully in favour of this team name. :P And thanks for being such a great gang, everyone made sure they knew what they were doing and where they were supposed to be, made my life a lot easier today! Special thanks to my various helper monkeys who did extra shouting at people, and BIG thanks to Onion for allowing me to be the first girl to actually be recorded playing in the Exchange, and the only girl playing today at all. I hope next time to actually get away from the desk enough to play UMvC

Advertisement