Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Fencing

• 27-09-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭

I have a large property that I need to fence fully in. Without burdening everyone with too much information I need to keep things (animals and children) in my property and all of the surrounding properties have barbed wire so I need to block my property off from the barbed wire and keep everyone safe.

Radio fencing and electric fencing have already been suggested - please do not suggest anything like this as it's completely impractical to my situation.

Basically - I'm just looking for some advice on where I might pick up some cheap fencing. Like perhaps a farm supply store around the Roscommon or Westmeath area would be ideal. I'm not a farmer, so I have no idea what types of places farmers would shop in to get fencing for their properties. So if a farmer, or anyone who knows a farmer could make some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

will you consider anything but cheap ?

If so there is a box section wire on the market mostly for horses but i think it would be perfect for dogs...FRS in boyle may have it...

What height wire do you require?.

I understand that you are trying to protect your dogs BUT are you also trying to stop them from killing your neighbours sheep..... If so I think there is a fairly high version of this wire....

Not easy to erect im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

try 4x2 rail tanalised (around 6 euro a 16 foot lenght last ones bought) and 4x4 posts 6 foot tanalised (around 8 euro each). you will need to use at least three posts to each rail section. the overall lenghts would need to be worked out. try any local hardware they usually will be able to give you a quote for materials or better would be just ask them for a no for a local fencing contractor. theres a lot more work in putting up a fence than a lot of people think.

Advertisement