Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd request !

Options
  • 27-09-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Well it's not that odd considering the forecasted weather for this year..

I am looking for a snow shovel.
    Also a supplier of grit but the type that heats up and leave the ground dray as a bone?

Any ideas? I am happy to travel to get them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I was in woodies the other day and there doing a fold up snow shovel for the car that could be used for around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    I was in woodies the other day and there doing a fold up snow shovel for the car that could be used for around the house.

Really appreciated that, would love a more Dedicated one for the house but will check it out.

Now for the grit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

They did have the big ass american snow shovels there last year but didn't see them(wasnt looking for them to be honest). Just seen the car ones with the car stuff. They did have grit last year also but it was mad expensive. €4.99 for a 500g can that wouldn't do your step never mind driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Maybe a bit larger than you are looking for, but these are available in Ireland now.

Available from Total Landscape Solutions. I'm not connected to this business but I do know the lads.

They also do a salt/grit spreader that attaches behind a vehicle.
    If we get the weather that's predicted I'll be getting one myself :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I got my snow shovel in 4Home or HomeBase, whichever one is out on the Dublin Rd. I can never remember. (I think its Homebase????)

Don't know about the grit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I got my snow shovel in 4Home or HomeBase, whichever one is out on the Dublin Rd. I can never remember. (I think its Homebase????)

Don't know about the grit though.

That would be homebase out on Dublin road. :)

I have seen grit for sale in Doyles of the shamrock last year and most of the main hardware stores in town had it in stock so maybe a phone call to them to check if they have it in stores still would help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I would imagine any hardware shop would have a decent shovel that would do the job and would be much cheaper than woodies or the likes.

On the grit.. normal grit is basically rubbish for ice etc, after a while it just gets compacted into the surface and you are left with it all over the place once the ice melts.

What you should do however is get yourself a big bag of salt from the hardware shop, its used in water softeners etc.. and is only about 20 quid for about 25kg.

Then if they are giving it to freeze fire a bit around the place, you wont have to worry about ice then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Any DECENT hardware store will have 25kg bags of gritting salt for under a tenner.

Doyles of the Shamrock or Dempseys on Tullow street would be 2 I'd try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Be very very careful when using salt on footpaths, cobblelock or tarmac. Its a corrisive and can cause huge damage to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Leaf blowers kick the ass off snow shovels. The ground is dry as a bone after too. Provided its dry powder not slush though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement