Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to college

Options
  • 27-09-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey Guys!

I have decided that i'm going to head back to college as an mature student as i'm 24. I have already been to college 05-08 i done an ordinary degree in DIT but didn't finish of my final year so got a higher cert for the 2 years. I want to go and do computing full time in either NCI or DIT. I was wondering will i have to pay full fees and what would be my chances to get into either course or is it just down to the interview and previous experiences. I already emailed both but only heard back from NCI which sent me nothing helpful that i could not already have found on their site.

kavo87

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kavo87 wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

I have decided that i'm going to head back to college as an mature student as i'm 24. I have already been to college 05-08 i done an ordinary degree in DIT but didn't finish of my final year so got a higher cert for the 2 years. I want to go and do computing full time in either NCI or DIT. I was wondering will i have to pay full fees and what would be my chances to get into either course or is it just down to the interview and previous experiences. I already emailed both but only heard back from NCI which sent me nothing helpful that i could not already have found on their site.

kavo87

Are the courses level 8?

You should have no problem getting in but it's quite likely you'll be paying both tuition and registration fees at least until you enter level 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kavo87

Yes they are a level 8 course. With my last course been level 7 will this mean i will only have to pay the reg fee hopefully?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kavo87 wrote: »
    Yes they are a level 8 course. With my last course been level 7 will this mean i will only have to pay the reg fee hopefully?

I think so, my classmate last year finished her ordinary degree and left us to go to university in dublin to do PE teaching, even though she was starting a four year course from scratch, because it was level 8 she didn't have to pay tuition as far as I know.

Advertisement