Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

work exp. best way to obtain

• 27-09-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

how do i go about getting work experience from
    a primary school, ideally one that specializes in autism or other psychological
    issues. ?
    I have emailed my cv to numerous primary schools with no reply.

i am a recent graduate looking for work experience before starting my further studies in psychology..
    but this doesnt seem to be working. I am garda vetted, have doen 2 weeks exp in a primary school before and studied psychology as part of my degree.. ,
    any advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 trace51

Have you tried ringing the schools? This sometimes gets a better response than an email. I know the ABA schools used to take volunteers, depending on where you are based this might suit

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

trace51 wrote: »
    Have you tried ringing the schools? This sometimes gets a better response than an email. I know the ABA schools used to take volunteers, depending on where you are based this might suit

thanks, ill try that. at least its more direct i suppose.
    I would love to work in an ABA school, how do i find out if one is close to me? is
    there a list somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 trace51

I don't know if there is a list but if you google the names you should get the contact details; Saplings, Abalta (Galway), The Jonah project (Waterford), St Catherines (Wicklow), ABACUS, Red Door, Stepping Stones, Athas (Mayo) and Jonix run ABA preschools. Hope you get somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Might be worth contacting Irish Autism Action, they will have contacts in most of the schools.

http://www.autismireland.ie

Advertisement