Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psychology in UK

• 27-09-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

After completing my B.A with psychology as a minor , I am looking into
    continuing with psychology through a conversion course in the UK.
    I would love to live and study in Scotland for a bit, ideally Edinburgh but i dont think they offer an ideal course..
    It seems that Glasgow is the only university in Scotland which offer a means of studying a GDip in Psychology affiliated by the BPS , is this correct?

I have looked into England where the options are more abundant.
    Has anyone any experience studying in the London metropolitan?
    has it a good status?
    I am aware that the living costs of London are higher.. which is a big disadvantage as this course is not funded..

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Don't know anything about England or Scotland but have you thought about Wales? A friend I met when studying at Cardiff took psychology as a minor back in Ireland but was doing the conversion course there. The conversion course was recognised by the BPS and is well regarded. My friend is now doing a professional doctorate in psychology. Living costs in Cardiff are lower than London too.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

Don't know anything about England or Scotland but have you thought about Wales? A friend I met when studying at Cardiff took psychology as a minor back in Ireland but was doing the conversion course there. The conversion course was recognised by the BPS and is well regarded. My friend is now doing a professional doctorate in psychology. Living costs in Cardiff are lower than London too.

hi thanks,
    yes i've had a look at Cardiff alright,
    there are some interesting modules which they cover ,
    might just have to get used to the accent though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

Renno123 wrote: »
    After completing my B.A with psychology as a minor , I am looking into
    continuing with psychology through a conversion course in the UK.
    I would love to live and study in Scotland for a bit, ideally Edinburgh but i dont think they offer an ideal course..
    It seems that Glasgow is the only university in Scotland which offer a means of studying a GDip in Psychology affiliated by the BPS , is this correct?

I have looked into England where the options are more abundant.
    Has anyone any experience studying in the London metropolitan?
    has it a good status?
    I am aware that the living costs of London are higher.. which is a big disadvantage as this course is not funded..

thanks

no

huge

Advertisement